allergyprone

Is Prescription Ibuprofin gluten-free

Rate this topic

I sprained my wrist so the doc gave me a perscription for Ibuprofine and I was wondering if its gluten-free, i was going to ask when i fill it but sometimes the pharmacy doesn't answer or know what i'm talking about

I sprained my wrist so the doc gave me a perscription for Ibuprofine and I was wondering if its gluten-free, i was going to ask when i fill it but sometimes the pharmacy doesn't answer or know what i'm talking about

I would call (or ask the pharmacist to call) the manufacturer of the drug and ask. Hope you feel better soon!

You can also check out http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/

A pharmacy has set up this site and has listed some of the products (by manufacturer) that say they are gluten free. If a medication is NOT listed, that doesn't mean it isn't gluten free, however. Just means in that case, it's the pharmacy calling the manufacturer route. :-)

EDIT: oops! Not a pharmacy, a PHARMACIST - little bit different, eek!

I find out what brand the pharmacy is using. Sometimes they can give a lot number or phone number for the company that makes it easier. always check before you buy it. If you find out after, you are stuck with the pills. They won't take them back. Your insurance has paid and will not pay again for the same thing. If it's a narcotic, even worse. It can get you on a computer registry of drug seekers in some places if you can convince the doctor and the pharmacy to re- fill.