ERR

Nestle Ice Cream Bars

Rate this topic

Hi. Does anyone know if the Nestle Crunch Ice Cream Bars are gluten free? I know the Nestle Crunch bars are not, but I had convinced myself at some point that the Ice Cream bars are ok. But I have been symptomatic lately and am wondering if my nightly desert is getting me. Thanks!

I don't know for sure but don't they use the same "crunch" as the candy bars? What do the ingredients say?

There are plain and even flavored ice cream bars out there that are gluten-free. Maybe you could change your ice cream bar addiction. :)

Just saw this as I was curious. Nothing says wheat in the ingredients but the warning? This is the candy bars

http://www.nestle.ca/en/products/brands/Crunch/bar.htm

Ingredients

MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, COCOA BUTTER, MILK INGREDIENTS, LACTOSE, SOYA LECITHIN, POLYGLYCEROL POLYRICINOLEATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR), RICE CRISPS (RICE FLOUR, SUGAR, MODIFIED PALM OIL, GLUCOSE, SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE). MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES PEANUTS/NUTS. CONTAINS TRACES OF WHEAT GLUTEN.

This is the ice cream bars

http://www.nestle.ca/en/products/brands/Crunch/Ice+Cream+Bar.htm?subGroup=Ice+Cream+%26+Frozen+Treats

MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, MILK INGREDIENTS, PALM OIL, CRISP RICE (RICE FLOUR, SUGAR, MALT EXTRACT, SALT, MONOGLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED AND SOYBEAN OILS, RICE EXTRACT), GLUCOSE, COCOA, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, CELLULOSE GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM, CARRAGEENAN, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR, COLOUR.

MAY CONTAIN PEANUTS AND TREE NUTS.

Very confusing. I would avoid them.

There are plain and even flavored ice cream bars out there that are gluten-free. Maybe you could change your ice cream bar addiction. :)

Could you name a few? I have no idea what ice creams are ok to eat.

Most ice cream is gluten-free. Just read the ingredients. I think Dove ice cream bars are OK...but read the ingredients. I haven't had any lately.

My hub brought home Kemps frozen yogurt recently. He doesn't want to read the ingredients. The Kemps said Gluten Free. We are in Kansas City. Not sure where else its sold.