This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Questions On Coping In General

josh052980

Lisa Mentor

I think you & Lisa just misunderstood each other. That's all I was trying to clear up.

Yes, thank you Karen, apparently I misunderstood the statement. A lesson learned not to skim a post before commenting :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

I think you & Lisa just misunderstood each other. That's all I was trying to clear up.

I think we did too. Sorry Lisa. I am in a foul mood today too because I've been nauseous for weeks. I posted a thread about it.

Let's get back to the original subject. How do you cope in general? I could use some more ideas because this nausea is obviously making me a grouch. LOL

kareng Grand Master

I think we did too. Sorry Lisa. I am in a foul mood today too because I've been nauseous for weeks. I posted a thread about it.

Let's get back to the original subject. How do you cope in general? I could use some more ideas because this nausea is obviously making me a grouch. LOL

Well...good girls! I remember SSG to be a reasonable person, so I knew she didn't think the evil gluten had sharp teeth and was burrowing into her hands in order to attack her gut. ( might make a good horror movie?)

SSG - you have extra to handle. I suppose you can be grouchy if you want. I'm actually quite grouchy about my family & Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it's to late to go to Disney.

I do try to find something funny when I'm grouchy or depressed. I have subscribed to a few things on Facebook just to get pics of silly animals or things like that. Some days I don't even look at them but they are there if I can't find anything else.

Well...good girls! I remember SSG to be a reasonable person, so I knew she didn't think the evil gluten had sharp teeth and was burrowing into her hands in order to attack her gut. ( might make a good horror movie?)

SSG - you have extra to handle. I suppose you can be grouchy if you want. I'm actually quite grouchy about my family & Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it's to late to go to Disney.

I do try to find something funny when I'm grouchy or depressed. I have subscribed to a few things on Facebook just to get pics of silly animals or things like that. Some days I don't even look at them but they are there if I can't find anything else.

Yeah it's been a rough time that's for sure. Glad we cleared that up!

Are you talking So Cal Disney or Florida? We have passes and we go a lot.... when I'm well that is.

kareng Grand Master

Yeah it's been a rough time that's for sure. Glad we cleared that up!

Are you talking So Cal Disney or Florida? We have passes and we go a lot.... when I'm well that is.

Don't really care! Both are good! Just want to run away! Somewhere where someone else can make me food!

Lisa Mentor

Don't really care! Both are good! Just want to run away! Somewhere where someone else can make me food!

Be here by Friday for our T-day dinner. ;)

kareng Grand Master

Be here by Friday for our T-day dinner. ;)

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Disney is so good about gluten free too!

Marilyn R Community Regular

I'd have to have a xanax to deal with Disney World. :D (Remembering when some chick with a stroller knocked my mom's walker out from under when rushing to the fireworks.) I wanted to throttle her!

I'd have to have a xanax to deal with Disney World. :D (Remembering when some chick with a stroller knocked my mom's walker out from under when rushing to the fireworks.) I wanted to throttle her!

LOL! Disney is my happy place. We go a lot with our passes.

Marilyn R Community Regular

LOL! Disney is my happy place. We go a lot with our passes.

Hope you have a wonderful time! :D

Hope you have a wonderful time! :D

LOL! :P We never go near the place Thanksgiving weekend though. It's the busiest weekend of the year and black Friday is the very busiest day of the year there. I think they usually get to capacity. Craziness!

DerpTyler Newbie

While I don't agree with everything in the above post, YES gluten from shampoo can get into your mouth while in the shower. It's easy to remove that aspect, so it's no longer a possibility when you get ill from other sources. :)

lol have you ever tasted shampoo? haha that stuff is nasty :P last thing i would do is swallow it

notme Experienced

about 6-8 months i went a little nuts, thinking i was "all better" AND i overdid it with stuff that bothers me less and less as time goes by: nightshades, soy, dairy, etc. also thinking that just because they SAID it was safe doesn't mean it is: my blood pressure meds - called the manufacturer and they said the drug was safe so i took them. ran out for a week (i know, bad arlene) and my guts calmed down. turns out the capsule the drug is in is made of some kind of starch nobody could tell me what it was made of. so now i take the drug out of the capsule (called pharmacy and they said this was ok to do) and i'm fine with it. annnd the hand sanitizer/lysol wipes thing: went camping, was miserable - now i make sure i wash my hands with (gluten-free) soap and rinse with h2O if we camp. also separate my gluten free food in my own cooler :)

Archived