Almendra

Soft Lips By Mentholatum

Rate this topic

I LOVED that these were one product that I could buy anywhere that actually say "Gluten Free" on the label/boxing. But, I soon realized that my lips would get irritated whenever I used them. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is this just a completely different allergy all my own?

I can't answer your question but Blistex Medicated Lip Balm in the blue-green tube and Neosporin Lip Health are safe. Then again, we can have sensitivies to most anything so what I can use, others may not be able to.

I use Blistex Medicated lip balm in the white and red container but Neosiporin has sulfa in it and I am highly allergic to that, just another thing I have to look out for. My lips do dry up and even split and get very store, if I put that balm on my wrist it will blister or rash out. Hope this might help.

Mentholatum contains eucalyptus. Of course, I have no clue what things you might be allergic to, but I'm so allergic to eucalyptus I cannot even walk down the same aisle of the hobby store where it is stocked with the dried flowers, grasses, etc. without becoming sick. Perhaps you are having a reaction to eucalyptus.