samie

My Daughter Swallowed A Plastic Ring

Rate this topic

She is fine right now but she came out of room crying her sister said she swolled her sister ring. Her doctor wants her to get an x-ray of her tummy to make sure it come down like its suppose to. So i am gonna try to get someone to come get us since we dont have a car right now. Hopefully will get one this weekend.

I'm sure it will be fine. If the x-ray looks like one of those cool cartoon things with the perfect image of a ring in her tummy, be sure to get a copy to taunt her with when she's a teenager. :P

Unless it has/had some jagged edges...lots of water will help flush it :rolleyes: . Might be a loss for big sis. But maybe Santa can replace the ring. B)

Yeah its got heart shape on the top that why they want to check it out. Yeah that will be something from santa. :-)

It is utterly amazing what kids, and even adults, will swallow. My oldest son when he was almost 4 swallowed one of those glass stones that are often found in fish bowls. He ran into the bedroom panicking and clutching his neck. Wow, what a scare! He did end up coughing and swallowed it. I had to take him to the ED to make sure it would pass through. You could see it nicely in his stomach. About three days later I took him to work for another one and it was gone! There was no way I was going digging!

Aside from this incident, when he was around 2 we caught him putting small rocks up his nose. Days later he kept pointing to his nose and saying "ock." We thought he was remembering stuffing them up there. Well all the sudden he blew his nose on me and out comes a rock.

By far to me the funniest thing that happened was when he ended up with a big bruise on his forhead from hitting it on the toilet. He was around 4 or 5 and he was going to the bathroom. He was facing it when he bent down to pull up his pants and hit his head on the rim. He came out sobbing with a big goose egg. (I laughed about it afterwards to myself)

The stories are endless with this child. Funny, how this apple didn't fall to far from the tree. He gets definately gets his "gracefulness" from his mother.

Hope all passes well! :P

Wow, kids and the ingestion of things. . . ....

When my daughter was about two, we went to a family restaurant and indulged in their pasta (before the celiac was known). DD filled up on fettucine alfredo; she was quite the happy toddler with this.

On the way home she began fussing in her carseat. I turned around and she was whining and babbling, looking quite unhappy. As I was trying to comfort her, I noticed something tiny sticking out of her nose -- like some bright-coloured, dried snot. I grabbed a kleenex from my purse and picked at it. Then I grabbed it and pulled. And pulled. And pulled. A fettucine noodle, about nine inches long, emerged from her nostril.

Then she was good.

:blink:

:lol:

Was it gluten-free? ;-)

richard

Was it gluten-free? ;-)

richard

:lol: Nope....'twas in the LBCD. .. ....."Life Before Celiac Days"......