heidi g.

My Hand Goes Numb? Why?

Rate this topic

Lately i've noticed ill be laying with my arm out or just normal and my hands and wrist area starts "going to sleep" and starts tingling. It didnt matter if it was in a bad position or not it could be normal and it would just start falling asleep. Is that a side effect with someone with celiac?

Lately i've noticed ill be laying with my arm out or just normal and my hands and wrist area starts "going to sleep" and starts tingling. It didnt matter if it was in a bad position or not it could be normal and it would just start falling asleep. Is that a side effect with someone with celiac?

Have you been to a chriopractor? I was having the same thing and finally went to one last week. I have 42 pinched nerves.

no with all these doctor bills i haven't been able to afford doing that

You may be low in B12. Get some sublingual B12 tablets and see if that helps.

I'd second the b-12 sublingual suggestion. I had numbness for a long while and b-12 and being gluten free made the symptoms almost completely go away.

I get those kinds of symptoms when I'm hypoglycemic. You might want to take note of when it happens and what/how recently you've eaten to see if there is a correlation.

Of course it could be completely unrelated to food as well and be more of a mechanical issue. Have you been doing anything different? Typing more, taken up an instrument, done a lot of work with your hands?

Odds are it's a disc in your neck. You need to see a chiropractor.

I've had that happen to me to! It just randomly tingles and feels like its going asleep! I haven't been tested for celiac or gluten intolerance yet hopefully this week! But I talked to my doc about my hand and she said I have signs of carpoltunnel (sp?) I'm only 22 that's crazy!! So I have to sleep with a hand brace to hopefully prevent it!!

carpol tunnel?? thats balogne! I do get shaky alot and hypoglycemia does run in my family so i will defintitely take note to that!