anna34

Can A Baby Have Dh?

Rate this topic

Can a baby have DH? He is formula fed and the rash is on the face. It is blistery and doesn't look like regular milk rash, excema, fifths, or heat rash. Raised, red, and blistery in some places. Thanks.

My son and nephew both had it as babies and toddlers. Then it went away, but my son's returned at age 19 (which is the average age of appearance for DH). My mother can't remember if I had a rash as a baby, but I developed DH at age 19, too. My son and I get DH on our faces and necks (and one hand and one foot).

Highly unlikely. I'd never say impossible, but very uncommon.

richard

There are no formulas I know of that have gluten in them. (Oh, I could certainly be wrong, but if someone knows of one, please post it, because it's very very not common.)

Are you or dad gluten intolerant, have a gluten free house? Was he ever breast fed?

Your baby could be getting glutened in alternative ways--from being kissed by someone wearing lipstick or who has just eaten gluten, to the shampoo being used, to the moisturizer or other lotions being applied. However, it's also possible that your baby is suffering from a simple case of dermatitis caused by the laundry detergent or other care product. With a case of dermatitis, it can sometimes be attributed to the use of TWO products together that cause the reaction. You might try using ALL new care products and laundry detergent.

All these things said, there are a LOT of things that cause newborn skin problems - and some are totally normal as baby's skin adjusts to a new environment. Frequent bathing (once a day is too much for many babies), lotions, detergent on clothing/bedding, rough textures... lots of things cause skin issues that have nothing to do with food, especially in really young ones (even three or four months old!)