maximoo

My Local News Medical Report

Rate this topic

http://www.wsvn.com/features/articles/medicalreports/MI93704/

Here is what I feel is a half ass attempt in describing celiac as it is seriously lacking in important facts & even misrepresents celiac. They said symptoms are painful stomach. We all know it is so much more than that & not all ppl have gastro symptoms. The more I think about it I am actually pissed & will send an e-mail to that station for the misrepresentation. :angry: If a station is going to do a report they should get all the facts straight & deliver them to the viewer.

This is what I wrote to the station:

Dear Ms. Owen:I feel this report seriously misrepresented what celiac disease can do to the body. There are so many more symptoms than "tummy trouble" & in many cases there is no tummy trouble at all. The list of symptoms for celiac is mind boggling: fatigue, fibromyalgia, IBS, migraines, short stature, malnutrition, infertility, joint pain, brain fog, diarrhea, constipation, behavior problems, etc. There are also some studies that show a positive correlation between celiac disease & autism. My two kids have celiac, and neither of them have tummy trouble. This was not a thorough report by any stretch of the imagination & you should not air medical reports without all the facts. Go to celiac.com & get the real diversified stories of ppl with celiac & how they are not supported, and even ridiculed by so called professionals in the medical field. And please view this PSA about celiac:

I am very disappointed in this medical piece by Diana Diaz as it was poorly done and barely researched.

I expect better from your news organization.

I am curious to see what reply I get, if any.