tristonsdad

Nut Thins Reaction

Rate this topic

My daughter had a bad reaction to nut thins crackers. Has anyone else experienced any problems with them? Trying to make sure that is what caused her reaction.

I've never had a reaction that I know of.

richard

They come in six flavors. I had a reaction to two of them--smokehouse and country ranch. Its been a while since I had them, but I am going to try again as it is possible there was something else involved.

My daughter had a bad reaction to nut thins crackers. Has anyone?

Yes, they tasted good and made me feel horrid.. I can't remember if it was soy (I think It was) that made those crackers bad or one of the bean gums. I definitely can't do Nut Thins. Wish I could eat 'em but they don't work for me.

We had the cheddar cheese flavor this time, the other flavors have been ok for her so its hard because she does like them.

These cheese flavorings on more than just Nut Thins seems to bother me. I don't have a problem with dairy. I have noticed it with several cheese powder coated chips or crackers that are gluten-free. Doesn't mean it's gluten, probably something else.

I've used the pecans and almond flavor have not had any problems.

This thread appears to be a few months old, but I'm going to respond anyway for future readers.

Yes, I have eaten Nut Thins a few times, and I have had a reaction to them every time. The pecan and almond "flavors" are the only ones I tried. It took me about 3 times to narrow it down to the Nut Thins, but without doubt, any time and every time I ate them I felt really sick for a few days. Then I read the fine print and discovered the warning. Puzzle solved.

For many but not all Celiacs a "gluten free" label does not necessarily mean the product is gluten free enough.

My daughter had a bad reaction to nut thins crackers. Has anyone else experienced any problems with them? Trying to make sure that is what caused her reaction.