Rate this topic

Fresca does not contain gluten, but how does it settle with you... just wonderin'? ;) I am not super sensitive.

... but I rather suspect oysters in 70 degree weather. <_<

I seem to have an issue with the sweeteners in some diet sodas. I do OK with the Coke made with Splenda & use Splenda in my coffee. I do OK with that one that has Truvia sweetener. Haven't has a Fresca in years.

I seem to have an issue with the sweeteners in some diet sodas. I do OK with the Coke made with Splenda & use Splenda in my coffee. I do OK with that one that has Truvia sweetener. Haven't has a Fresca in years.

That's helpful Karen.

The kids left some here and I thought I'd try it. It usually takes a cumulative exposure to something for me to react, which happened. I do fine with Coke, Pepsi and with diet. Fresca does issue a warning on it's ingredient listing to Phenylalanine. If Fresca was my issue, perhaps a bit too much chemical for me.

But, then again it could have been those darn oysters.

Either way, it's no big deal. I will lay off the Fresca and will wait until the cool weather settles in for more oysters. :D Sometimes, ya just don't know. ;) But, it's okay.

The phenylalanine is not actually in the product. If I understand correctly, it is a byproduct of the metabolism of aspartame. Phenylketonurics lack the ability to break it down into its component amino acids, and must limit their intake to prevent buildup of high levels. Hence the warning label.

I haven't had Fresca in a while, but never had a problem with it.

Artificial sweeteners do bother me but I used to love Fresca! My dietitian has advised me not to ingest anything containing aspartame and so on as it may make my fibro worse so I am now avoiding it.