azlynn23

Need Help With New Symptoms

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for six days, I know thats not long but before being glutened I had been clean for three weeks except for once a week splurging for an atnt's sandwhich.

I know now to stay away entirely but im still having a lot of eating issues. Prior to starting this diet I was maybe getting 600 calories a day and I'm trying to increase that but it seems like I keep feeling ill.

I've seen a lot on the forums about cutting soy and diary, how necessary is that? Will my stomach heal without cutting those things?

I'd only cut out dairy and/or soy if you are not feeling well gluten-free.

Even then, I'd only cut out one at a time to try and identify which, if any, the culprit is.

On a different, the celiac / NCGI gluten-free diet doesn't really "splurge."

You don't need to cut those things out yet. Make sure you are completly gluten free. And depending on how severly your stomach was hurt it will take some time to get feeling better. Like 2 weeks to 6 months. It depends.

Good Luck

It seems like I get heart burn after eating almost everything, and have lost my appetite due to the discomfort. I'm assuming my stomach is pretty damaged so is there any way I can repair that a bit faster

I would suggest that you eat simple, as in meats, fish, fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, rice and potatoes. No extra spices other than salt and pepper.

Limit your dairy or cut it out for a few weeks and cook your veggies well. No salads or roughage. As you feel better you can add in items one by one.

If you are on any medications, call the pharmacist and make sure they are gluten free. Do not share kitchen equipment such as toasters. Check lipsticks or lip balms.

Give your body time to heal. And find a good pro-biotic that is dairy free.

First step is to remove the gluten from your life and take it from there. You have found a great place here.

Oops, forgot...I don't know if you have been tested, but you should not go gluten free until you have exhausted all forms of testing.