Booghead

Sick And Need Some Gluten Free Soups

Rate this topic

I just want some decent gluten free soups from the store. The kind you just throw in the water and Wa-Laa! ;) I want something light, like chicken noodle or vegetable beef. Nothing all heavy like potato. My favorite soup is Campbells Tomato soup. Stupid losers don't make it gluten free! I hate being sick and my throat hurts B)

Progresso chicken rice with vegetables! If you want another flavor, the southwestern style chicken chowder is pretty good and not overly rich.

http://www.progressosoup.com/soup.aspx (click on gluten-free for the list)

Healthy Choice Chicken with Rice

Amy's Gluten Free Tomato is really good. I know that it has been a long time for me, but it reminds me of Campbell.

Hope you feel better soon. Everyone is kinda puney at our house too.

Cook some gluten-free noodles in gluten-free chicken broth & don't drain. A really simple chicken noodle soup. Or cooked rice in the chicken broth. If you are really ambitious, throw shredded carrots ( chopped take to long to get soft)& really small chopped onion in the broth while you cook the rice or noodles. A bit of garlic or garlic powder & the onion helps clear the sinuses.

Sunny D is gluten-free. I really like it when I have a cold.

Progresso Vegetable Classics Garden Vegetable is another!

How about some frozen Dole's or Edy's fruit pops to soothe that throat? or Haagen daaz fruit sorbet?

Hot tea with honey?

Hope you feel better soon!

I have a cold right now as well and I've been eating Dr. MacDougall's vegetable soup and roasted pepper tomato (well, actually I haven't tried that one yet; it's in my desk drawer at work). The vegetable wasn't bad though was a little light on the salt. I can't tsate much right now anyway.

There is another tomato soup brand I found that is really good, but I can't remember the name (it comes in one of those BPA-free cartons).