Rate this topic

I was wondering if any of you have a problem with facial flushing? I have this issue on a daily basis, at the same time every day even. It happens early afternoon and stays for a couple of hours or so. If you follow any chinese medicine, they believe that is the time of day that the Qi is in the small intestine. (Not an expert just read that online) I should mention that I have not been diagnosed with celiac disease but I am pretty certain that I have it or at least and intolorance. Any advise would be welcomed and appriciated. Thanks!

I was recently diagnosed with celiacs and I also have facial flushing. It usually happens when I touch something I shouldn't.

I was having a time with it before I went off glutens. Still not sure I made the connection. If I ran, my face would be red, so much so that my husband asked me if I was okay. I wasn't feeling bad. I thought maybe I was reacting to fabric softener that was on my towels at the time so would wet my face with cold water and then rather than rubbing my face I blotted.

I never changed my fabric softener but then it stopped. I think it was one of two things. I taking an herbal supplement that had kelp in it. I read that kelp can cause hot spots on the skin and flushing of the skin so I stopped taking it. I also went gluten-free shortly after that. I really think my issues were related to the kelp though.

Are you itchy? Do you feel the need to scratch? Unexplained mosquito bites?

Not necessarily previously associated with other symptoms...

Is this similar to when your face turns red due to emotion?

My entire face goes completely crimson red whenever I'm embarassed, angry, or just during slightly awkward moments. It's pretty remarkable and generally results in lots of comments...it would be awesome if that went away on a gluten-free diet...

I await with great interest the posts here, as my husband (who, like me, is celiac), ever since childhood, has from time to time been struck with not a red face, but deep red, burning-hot EARS. I figured this was closely enough related to mention it here. Quite fascinating, really -- when his ears are suddenly bright red, he doesn't usually have any symptoms of accidental glutening, so it remains something of a mystery......

No other part of his face gets red or hot. Sorry if I'm somewhat hijacking :rolleyes:, but I'm really interested to hear others whose ears/head get this way!

Mine is due to rosacea . . . worse in winter . . . and flushes when I'm drinking alcohol. When it flushes it's soooo red and leaves the skin around my lips white. You know, just to make the red look redder.

Mine is due to rosacea . . . worse in winter . . . and flushes when I'm drinking alcohol. When it flushes it's soooo red and leaves the skin around my lips white. You know, just to make the red look redder.

I also have Rosacea. Recently I went to the doctor because my eyes were getting red and hurting. I was thinking dry eyes but he said I had Optical Rosacea. Things that make you go hummmm.

I never noticed before but since I've been on my gluten challenge after a year gluten free my face has been flushing like it would if I drank too much wine.