maryebr

Gluten In Puritans Pride Vitamins

Rate this topic

I am new to this but feel I must tell others about this. I have purchased puritans pride vitamins for a long time. I check and recheck the description online to make sure I am not getting something with gluten. I ordered Zinc Lozenges from them awhile back. I use them every time my throat is sore which is about once a month as my immune system is shot. This past weekend I just happened to see on the bottle "contains wheat". I went to the website to double check and it says free of gluten. I am horrified to put it mildly. I called the company and am not getting very far with it. They are clueless on Celiac Disease, which is what I have. I have taken these off and on for months and have been very frustrated that I am not getting better despite what I thought to be a gluten free diet. I am certain this played into it as I have stopped using them and feel better and better. I want people to be aware of this when ordering off the internet. I also want to know what steps can or should be taken so that this doesn't happen again.

Maryebr

Welcome to the board.

They may use wheat starch which is considered so refined that it is then gluten free. Glad you finally saw that on the bottle and that the company put it there. Do always check all ingredients on supplements since wheat and barley grass can be in them also. You don't want those.

I hope that you are now going to be feeling better soon and thanks for giving a head's up to others.

• Upvote 2

Your post is quite confusing, at least to me. Was it the vitamins or the zinc that said it contains wheat? If it's the zinc, why does your title say there's wheat in the vitamins. If it's the vitamins, what does the zinc have to do with it?

Sorry, just trying to get it clearer.

richard

• Upvote 1

I am sorry for the confusion about the Puritans Pride vitamin company. They make zinc lozenges. The website says they are gluten free. The bottle says contains wheat. I have ordered my supplements trusting that websites are correctly disclosing glutens. I will always be reading all labels when the product comes from now on.

Maryebr

When it says post moved, where did it move to? Thank-you.

Maryebr

When it says post moved, where did it move to? Thank-you.

Maryebr

It was probably posted in the wrong section of the forum and moved to here (the one for products).

• Upvote 1