GFreeMO

Popcorn

Rate this topic

What is the best popcorn out there? I'm talking about real stove top popcorn. The kernels, not the microwave kind.

I have been buying Jolly Time kernels and it results in a bunch of un-popped ones. Not good for the teeth!

Maybe I am doing something wrong. :blink:

What is the best popcorn out there? I'm talking about real stove top popcorn. The kernels, not the microwave kind.

I have been buying Jolly Time kernels and it results in a bunch of un-popped ones. Not good for the teeth!

do you fill the bottom of the pan pretty full? If you do it might be that there are just too many kernels to fully pop them all.

That's what our problem was when we were getting too many kernels in ours. We use Jolly Time organic popcorn too.

I use a store brand white popcorn kernel. I put enough oil in the pan to just barely cover the kernels. Add salt! I shake the pan alittle also. You need to cover the bottom of pot with the kernels, not piled up. My kids love my popcorn and do not want to eat microwave popcorn ever. Good luck!

We eat Orville Redenbacher and pop it on the stove or in a hot air popper.

I am lucky! My health food store sells the best and freshest popcorn. Very few old maids ever. They buy it bulk and bag it themselves. Before getting that I would buy it online. The Amish kind. It was very good too.

I use America's Best by Jolly Time--not many unpopped kernels at all.

Thanks!