Silencio

Dairyland Chocolate Milk Is Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I came across a list from 2010 that says it is gluten free. I didnt think any chocolate milk was gluten free.

I came across a list from 2010 that says it is gluten free. I didnt think any chocolate milk was gluten free.

Seriously? I've been craving chocolate milk since I was diagnosed! I thought I contacted Dairyland to ask about it long ago but I could be wrong. Will definitely look into this.

ETA: Just called Dairyland and you are correct - there is NO gluten in the chocolate milk! HURRAY! Thank you so much. I had not looked into it for ages. I am going out (although it is blizzarding outside) to pick some up right now.

Edited by love2travel

As an aside, you and I are sort of neighbours. I live a few hours from Edmonton and come in regularly to do my specialty food shopping at the Italian Centre, T&T, etc. Edmonton has soooooo many gluten-free restaurant choices, too! I've eaten out at several places safely such as Corso32, The Red Ox Inn, Madison's Grill, Wildflower (they even serve gluten-free bread with their bread service!)...

As an aside, you and I are sort of neighbours. I live a few hours from Edmonton and come in regularly to do my specialty food shopping at the Italian Centre, T&T, etc. Edmonton has soooooo many gluten-free restaurant choices, too! I've eaten out at several places safely such as Corso32, The Red Ox Inn, Madison's Grill, Wildflower (they even serve gluten-free bread with their bread service!)...

haha yeah I just went out to get chocolate milk too. I emailed them and they got back to me right away with a list. Thats cool that your pretty close. I havent been out to eat at restaurants yet. I am so new to all of this so I wasnt sure what was good. I will look into some of the places you mentioned.

Why would any chocolate milk contain wheat, barley, or rye? I've never seen any. And the only chocolate milk mix I've seen that does is of course regular Ovaltine and Carnation malted. I use Ovaltine Rich Chocolate all the time.

best regards, lm

Why would any chocolate milk contain wheat, barley, or rye? I've never seen any. And the only chocolate milk mix I've seen that does is of course regular Ovaltine and Carnation malted. I use Ovaltine Rich Chocolate all the time.

best regards, lm

I've seen it here in Canada. Cannot recall which brands - perhaps Beatrice? Not sure. I know without question one company I contacted told me their chocolate milk contained gluten (malt). I just emailed Beatrice again to check. I was off lactose for months so have not checked until today.

In Canada Lea and Perrins Worcestershire contains gluten whereas the L&P in the US does not. Weird, but true. :unsure:

I've seen it here in Canada. Cannot recall which brands - perhaps Beatrice? Not sure. I know without question one company I contacted told me their chocolate milk contained gluten (malt). I just emailed Beatrice again to check. I was off lactose for months so have not checked until today.

In Canada Lea and Perrins Worcestershire contains gluten whereas the L&P in the US does not. Weird, but true. :unsure:

Did Beatrice get back to you yet? I would also like to know.

Did Beatrice get back to you yet? I would also like to know.

No, not yet, but their business hours are from M-F so hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow. I am almost (but not quite) positive their chocolate milk does contain gluten (or at least did). Will post as soon as I find out! I definitely remember liking Beatrice chocolate milk better but would settle for Dairyland. :)

This is the response I received this morning:

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your recent e-mail to Parmalat Canada.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding our Beatrice Chocolate Milk product. In response to your inquiry, at this time we cannot confirm if any other products than the one listed below can or cannot be declared as gluten free as we are awaiting a response from our suppliers, which in turn are awaiting a response from their suppliers. This is a lengthy and complex process and unfortunately we do not know when we will have an answer. Therefore we do not recommend consuming any other products if you are allergic to gluten.

Beatrice Skimmed Milk

Beatrice 1% Partly Skimmed Milk

Beatrice 2% Partly Skimmed Milk

Beatrice Homogenized Milk

Lactantia Pur Filtre Skimmed Milk

Lactantia Pur Filtre 1% Partly Skimmed Milk

Lactantia Pur Filtre 2% Partly Skimmed Milk

Lactantia Pur Filtre Homogenized Milk

Sensational Soy Beverages

Sensational Soy Smoothies

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to write to us.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations,

Parmalat Canada"

Thanks for letting me know. No big deal that I cant drink it. Would have been nice though.

Thanks for letting me know. No big deal that I cant drink it. Would have been nice though.

No problem. At least there is Dairyland... :)