Rose&Jeff

Cookie Recipes

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to bake some cookies for my husband and daughter who are both gluten intolerant. In particular, I am attempting to make the "Cookies #3 (Gluten-Free)" and the Biscotti (Super Easy - Gluten-Free). How many cookies does the recipes yield? Also, what is the shelf life of the cookies? I need to make 6 1/2 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange for them.

Thanks,

Rose

Hi all,

I am trying to bake some cookies for my husband and daughter who are both gluten intolerant. In particular, I am attempting to make the "Cookies #3 (Gluten-Free)" and the Biscotti (Super Easy - Gluten-Free). How many cookies does the recipes yield? Also, what is the shelf life of the cookies? I need to make 6 1/2 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange for them.

Thanks,

Rose

Not sure what recipes you are talking about? We have lots of recipes on here.

Welcome to the board. I believe most posters will not be familiar with the cookies you are referring to. Can you be more specific?

Hi, Rose. I'm wondering the same thing. If you give us more information we would be happy to help. :)

Rose is talking about the recipe section on celiac.com

The biscottie are these:

http://www.celiac.com/articles/463/1/Biscotti-Super-Easy---Gluten-Free/Page1.html

I'm guessing the cookies #3 are the chocolate chip cookies #3 . . .

http://www.celiac.com/articles/466/1/Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-3-Gluten-Free/Page1.html

or possibly the ginger cookies #3 . . .

http://www.celiac.com/articles/731/1/Ginger-Cookies-3-Gluten-Free/Page1.html

(They were the only two types of cookies that had three options.)

As they are hard, biscotti do keep longer than other cookies - in my experience several days to a week. I have not baked with mixes before so am unsure of the yield. According to the amounts of the other ingredients perhaps a couple dozen?

The second and third recipes will make small amounts (they each only have one egg and small amounts of flour, for example). I would guess about 1-1/2 dozen smallish cookies. I frequently make chewy chocolate chip cookies (all sorts) and find they keep well for about three days before refrigeration is needed. I usually freeze half. The recipe I made today is fantastic. You blend the dough (excellent ratio of flours/starches) then allow it to sit for 36 hours before rolling into balls and baking. They are very chewy. Just a hint - if you desire slightly chewy cookies just underbake slightly.