CarolinaKip

Quick Easy Appetizer!

Rate this topic

I need a quick easy appetizer for a progressive dinner tonight. I thought raw veggies and dip, but wondered if you all had something different. For some reason my mind is drawing a blank.

dried apricots shot up with goat cheese

olive poppers - wrap chebe dough around kalamata olives and bake

those little sausages (lil smokies?) Dumped into a crockpot with some sauce. Provide toothpicks

Love the above ideas. How many mouths are you feeding?

Deviled eggs have made a huge trendy resurgence. My favourites are flavoured with a touch of horseradish and a bit of brandy.

http://leitesculinaria.com/73632/recipes-trio-of-deviled-eggs.html

Would you have time to make potato skins? They are making a comeback, too. They may need to be reheated but do not need to be eaten piping hot.

Ooey gooey honey garlic chicken wings, meatballs or pork ribs are delicious. Heck, so are mozzarella-stuffed meatballs. Any meatballs!

Spicy roasted walnuts are delicious as long as no one attending is allergic to nuts.

I make a yummy app using poached shrimp served on horseradish beet coulis. Sounds tricky but it's embarassingly simple. I throw some coulis on a platter, add some peppery arugula and arrange shrimp on top. Very pretty and unique.

As far as great dips go, Green Goddess is making a comeback. Yesterday I made roasted carrot hummus - incredibly simple. Or how about an herbed ricotta dip?

Love the above ideas. How many mouths are you feeding?

Deviled eggs have made a huge trendy resurgence. My favourites are flavoured with a touch of horseradish and a bit of brandy.

http://leitesculinaria.com/73632/recipes-trio-of-deviled-eggs.html

Would you have time to make potato skins? They are making a comeback, too. They may need to be reheated but do not need to be eaten piping hot.

Ooey gooey honey garlic chicken wings, meatballs or pork ribs are delicious. Heck, so are mozzarella-stuffed meatballs. Any meatballs!

Spicy roasted walnuts are delicious as long as no one attending is allergic to nuts.

I make a yummy app using poached shrimp served on horseradish beet coulis. Sounds tricky but it's embarassingly simple. I throw some coulis on a platter, add some peppery arugula and arrange shrimp on top. Very pretty and unique.

As far as great dips go, Green Goddess is making a comeback. Yesterday I made roasted carrot hummus - incredibly simple. Or how about an herbed ricotta dip?

nd

Thanks guys! I'm going with the deviled eggs, some guacamole, humus, raw veggies, and chips. I would love the roasted carrot humus recipe. I'm taking the rest of my food with me for the salad, and main meal. Not sure if I want to bring desert or not for right now.

nd

Thanks guys! I'm going with the deviled eggs, some guacamole, humus, raw veggies, and chips. I would love the roasted carrot humus recipe. I'm taking the rest of my food with me for the salad, and main meal. Not sure if I want to bring desert or not for right now.

Those deviled eggs are very good and interesting! Not our grandmother's deilved eggs.

Do you have a good regular hummus recipe? If so, all you do is thinly slice about 3-4 large carrots (I used a mandoline so they would roast evenly), liberally drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and roast about 20 minutes until they begin to caramelize. Then you add them hot with the other hummus ingredients in a food processor and blend. If you need a regular hummus recipe let me know.

Have a fun evening!