Rate this topic

hello everyone!

i have had gluten problems for awhile now, and have worked hard to get it in order and fell great for the last 2 months!!! On saturday, i ate 2 boiled eggs for the first time in ages and the next day my lower intestines hurt like the gluten feeling i get....does anyone else alegic to eggs? please let me know...thanks

hello everyone!

i have had gluten problems for awhile now, and have worked hard to get it in order and fell great for the last 2 months!!! On saturday, i ate 2 boiled eggs for the first time in ages and the next day my lower intestines hurt like the gluten feeling i get....does anyone else alegic to eggs? please let me know...thanks

Yes, my ELISA test diagnosed allergy to egg white. I hadn't noticed symptoms, but I was also eating my other allergens before that test. However, whenever I got flu shots (cultured in egg white), I got very ill (nausea, feeling very tired, achy all over). I thought I got a mild case of flu, before I learned I was actually allergic to eggs. I don't miss them at all.

Eggs are a very common allergen and intolerance. I want to put it out there that I've found I can eat eggs from hens that have not been fed soy and corn, but eggs fed on soy are a problem for me. Duck eggs are fie, too. You might try soy free corn free eggs and see if they are easier on your system.

Yes we have to avoid eggs in our house too. I suggest the Allergen's Baker's Handbook by Cybele Pascal. YUMMY. You can use regular milk and butter in place of dairy free substitutes. You will probably like Schar's bread more than enjoy life's for a pre-made option.

A lot of members here have great recipes too.

Do a search of egg substitutions. baking powder and vinegar, pre-made powder mix, gelatin, chia seed, flax seed, and lots of pureed fruit options (apple sauce, bananas). The list is quite long.

This may sound crazy, and I can't remember if I heard this here or one of the other food intolerance forums I frequent, but if you cook an egg in the shell, it retains the sulfites, but if exposed to air, it doesn't. I wasn't really having a problem with eggs, but they stopped tasting good to me, to the point where they ALMOST made me a little nauseous. I had been boiling them. When I heard about this I tried frying them for a change, and they tasted great. If you think about it, you know how when you peel a hard boiled egg it smells so stinky? They don't stink when they are fried. That is the sulpher/sulphites. Some people have trouble converting sulphites to sulphates, which our bodies need.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.