Rate this topic

I just started taking probiotics and wanted to know what brands everyone uses. I have DuraFlora...it says it is gluten/dairy/soy free so Im trusting that it is. Is there usually much risk with CC for things like this?

Also my stomach seems to be a bit irritated and its only been 20 mins since taking them. Is this a sign of a possible glutening or is it common to have an upset stomach when taking probiotics?(especially since this is my first time?)

I just started taking probiotics and wanted to know what brands everyone uses. I have DuraFlora...it says it is gluten/dairy/soy free so Im trusting that it is. Is there usually much risk with CC for things like this?

Also my stomach seems to be a bit irritated and its only been 20 mins since taking them. Is this a sign of a possible glutening or is it common to have an upset stomach when taking probiotics?(especially since this is my first time?)

Just thought I'd let you know that Bio-K+ is also gluten/dairy/soy free.

I have no idea concerning the stomach irritation - sorry. But Bio-K+ can help to restore the disrupted intestinal microflora and reduce inflammation of people suffering from celiac disease. Also, it can produce enzymes that will detoxify the gluten.

Hope this helps...

I take Nature's Bounty Chewable Probiotic Acidophilus With Bifidum. I've tried a couple others but this one seems to work the best for me. Label says NO: artificial color, flavor or sweetener, preservatives, milk, lactose, soy, gluten, wheat yeast or fish. Also sodium free. Oh, and I like the taste (strawberry flavor)!

PB8 Vegetarian also works well for me. What exactly do you mean when you say 'irritated' ?

We make fermented foods and also use gutpro. They have a shared facility but test below 5 ppm. They have a new product now with absolutely no fillers.

As for irritation... How much did you take? I've found if your gut is out of whack probiotics can be a shock. Die off of the bad guys happens too fast, releasing toxins. Try taking 1/8 of the recommended dose once you feel better, and increase from there if it feels ok.

I use Culturelle upon the advice of my GI doc. (I was using Custom Probiotics with success). He thought the additional strain of lacto GG was useful and it is backed by studies at Tufts University.

Probiotics should cause you no harm whatsoever, but you can start slowly and work your way up as the previous poster suggests--if your tum feels a bit wonky.

I'm taking Threelac and Bio-Kult. Threelac has been good for me and I'll probably get a box of Fivelac next.