eborzecki

What Can I Make With Gluten Free Bread

Rate this topic

I bought three different types of gluten free bread and they are disgusting, what can I make with them so that they don't go to waste? Two of them are rice and one is tapioca

Stuffing. A breakfast strata...

If you aren't picky about French toast...

Anything that covers the taste. gluten-free bread actually bakes well in casseroles, etc. (thank goodness!).

Well, there's stuffing, French toast, grilled sandwiches, croutons, bread crumbs, and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of ATM. I'm sure others will chime in with good ideas.

I bought three different types of gluten free bread and they are disgusting, what can I make with them so that they don't go to waste? Two of them are rice and one is tapioca

Meatloaf

Bread puddings (most recipe books will include a few of those under their desserts section)

Were those breads from Ener-G Foods sold at a local store? Unfortunately most stores sell the WORST varieties of Ener-G Foods breads. Much better tasting varieties are Ener-G's Seattle Brown and Corn Loaf. I've been eating those for almost 7 years and still love them. (I can't eat most other bread brands, because I have dairy, egg, soy, cane sugar allergies as well as gluten intolerance, but my husband loves Rudi's, Udi's and Kinnickinnick breads.)

Wheel chocks.

Landscaping bricks.

Styrofoam packing peanuts substitute....

Bread crumbs or croutons - cube it up, bake at 250, stirring every 30 minutes, until dry and crunchy. Saute briefly with oil/butter and seasonings to make croutons, or use a food processor or blender to make bread crumbs. Roll the slices flatter, cut in quarters, and toast in the oven at 250 until crunchy to make a version of Melba toast. Or make chocolate bread pudding!

i would use the bread for stuffing a turkey or chicken

Wheel chocks.

Landscaping bricks.

Styrofoam packing peanuts substitute....

...hockey pucks

mystery "gag" gift

kindling for fire

Seriously. When first diagnosed I made the mistake of purchasing horrid gluten-free bread. It was so bad that I could not even use it for croutons or stuffing so I pulverized 'em to use as crumbs which I heavily seasoned in an attempt to salvage what I could. But I'm pretty picky about such things. :P

My mom used to make Queen Anne Pudding - just a fancy bread pudding really -- once it has set you cover it with raspberry jam and then meringue and cook the meringue.

Yum, that sounds good mushroom.

Here's a recipe I stumbled on http://www.theculinarylife.com/2010/gluten-free-orange-almond-bread-pudding-recipe/

Or there are easier recipes for bread puddings if you google gluten-free bread pudding recipes.

Some of it would probably make a good Christmas casserole, that one that you soak in scrambled eggs overnight with crumbled pre-cooked sausage or bacon and cheese and bake in the morning. I don't have a recipe for this, we've had it for years, sometimes with carmelized onions in there or just chopped green onions.

Don't throw it away. Jam what you don't use in the freezer. Who can stick a piece in a mini food processor to make panko style crumbs for breading fish or chicken, stuff peppers or other veggies, make into croutons for good homemade soups, etc.

Little by little you will find good ways to cook that horrid bread up in good ways. :D