This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

love2travel

alex11602 Collaborator

Roast beef, chicken and cheddar sandwich on Rudi's original with canola oil mayo and spicy brown mustard. Served it with green olives and salt and vinegar chips.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love2travel Mentor

Eggs Benedict on a bagel (I made a low-fat version of Hollandaise)

Frozen grapes

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Strawberry Mango Coconut Smoothie

love2travel Mentor

Sole en Papillote with White Wine and Capers

Baked Potato with Garlic Chive Butter

love2travel Mentor

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Alas, I did not make the mustard this time. :(

GFreeMO Proficient

A hamburger with grilled red, yellow and green pepper and some grilled purple onion all piled on top.

love2travel Mentor

So dreadfully hot so not cooking lunch. Simply tuna salad with capers on toast. Nectarine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Grilled ham and mozzarella sandwich. Fresh pluots.

jerseyangel Proficient

Salad with bacon, cheese, and croutons. Extra virgin olive oil and vinegar dressing.

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

I am making myself Welsh Rarebit.

love2travel Mentor

Delicious Vichyssoise soup and black plums.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled aged cheddar, ham, blueberry "jam" and Dijon sandwich. Baked beans.

peacefirst Rookie

Grapes. Apple. Red lentils with spices and some steamed veggies.

love2travel Mentor

This morning I made glorious roasted poblano potato and corn soup. Delicious with pumpkinseed oil swirled on top.

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Sole Meuniere

Herbed New Potatoes

Nectarine

bartfull Rising Star

I never used to even read this thread because I'm a lousy cook and my lunch was pretty much the same every day.

But today I had a SANDWICH! Now that I can tolerate Udi's again, my lunches will be some type of sandwich. Today it was roasted chicken with melted Monterray jack. YUM!

love2travel Mentor

I never used to even read this thread because I'm a lousy cook and my lunch was pretty much the same every day.

But today I had a SANDWICH! Now that I can tolerate Udi's again, my lunches will be some type of sandwich. Today it was roasted chicken with melted Monterray jack. YUM!

AWESOME! Good for you. I am so happy that you can have some bread. And if you ever find it, try Kinnickinnik's new soft bread. It truly is soft and you do not have to toast it. It does not crumble and fall apart, either. I like Udi's but I really like this new stuff. It passes the spread-the-peanut-butter-and-honey test. :P

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I like Udi's too, they just drive me nuts because EVERY loaf has a huge hole in the middle. It's like they let it rise too long. I like Rudi's much better.

Lunch today: turkey bacon & fried apples w/pine nuts.

love2travel Mentor

I like Udi's too, they just drive me nuts because EVERY loaf has a huge hole in the middle. It's like they let it rise too long. I like Rudi's much better.

Lunch today: turkey bacon & fried apples w/pine nuts.

Isn't that ridiculous? It's like half the loaf is missing. :( But Kinnickinnik bread is as large as regular bread and never any holes - it looks just like its gluten counterpart. And it is the cheapest here by far at $4.99 CND per loaf. We cannot get Rudi's here but it sounds good. :)

Today's lunch was:

Sole with Mirin Glaze and Toasted Sesame Seeds

Scallion-Fried Potatoes

Cucumber with Pink Peppercorn Guava Vinaigrette

love2travel Mentor

I am going to make Eggs Benedict. Rather than an English muffin, I am using a bagel this time. And probably a little cucumber salad on the side.

Adalaide Mentor

I also prefer Rudi's to Udi's for that same reason. They're about the same price here, somewhere between $4.50 and $5.50 a loaf. The taste and texture is every so slightly better also imo.

I'm feeling particularly lazy today. (I'm also still trying to climb out of this fog.) So I'm thinking that I'll probably just throw a burger on grill for the kiddo and me and pop a can of carrots or something for us to share.

I couldn't handle the paranoia of feeding a gluten eating kid the gluten lunch his mom brought for him every day. I finally told her enough was enough and that he'll be gluten free here.

GFinDC Veteran

Ham and eggs with onion and herbs, fryed in a pan. Yesterday same (but no eggs) and mushrooms too and ate them in a corn tortilla.

love2travel Mentor

Baguette with olive oil from Croatia, fleur de sel, prosciutto, fresh sheep cheese, fresh figs, chestnut honey from Croatia and toasted walnuts. A perfect and wonderful lunch.

love2travel Mentor

Roast Sweet Potato Fries with Cuban Seasoning Blend

Roast Potatoes with Southwestern Seasoning Blend

Frozen grapes

love2travel Mentor

Leftover Creamy Parmesan Polenta with Tomato Ragout

Raw carrots

Archived