This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

love2travel

love2travel Mentor

Same thing exactly as my August 19 post:

Baguette with olive oil from Croatia, fleur de sel, prosciutto, fresh sheep cheese, fresh figs, chestnut honey from Croatia and toasted walnuts. Absolutely amazing. Everyone must try this at least once! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nomoregluten Newbie

This is one of my Open Original Shared Link. I made it today again.

love2travel Mentor

Vichyssoise Soup because it is chilly and raining. Love this weather! :)

Adalaide Mentor

Vichyssoise Soup because it is chilly and raining. Love this weather! :)

I love the rain! It's the only thing about PA (other than my family) that I miss. You could share.

I've been eating leftovers for lunch every day. I feed my 1 1/2 year old cousin I babysit for 4 days a week and I usually pop a can of vegetables (he'll eat about 2/3 in a sitting :blink: ) and we split whatever leftover meat I have from the previous night. Pork tenderloin, pot roast, pork chops, steak, ham. We've been having a pretty good time of it. Lunch time is so much more pleasant now that I told his mom that I want him gluten free while he's in the house here. It was just far too complicated trying to feed him whatever gluten she brought him and try to get my own lunch and keep myself uncontaminated. I enjoy his gluten free company a whole lot more too. It's a blast being able to share a bowl of gelato with the little guy for an afternoon treat!

love2travel Mentor

New Potato Hash with Poached Egg and Salsa Fresca

love2travel Mentor

Vichyssoise soup. Simply delicious.

mbrookes Community Regular

Hot dog on Udi's bun with homemade chili and slaw. Chili and slaw were leftovers, so it was a super easy lunch.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Against the Grain pizza.

kittty Contributor

A greek yogurt, and some thai coconut taro crispy things. They're great! They taste like they should be made out of wheat, but it's just coconut and taro flour with sesame and a few other things. Totally recommend them!

love2travel Mentor

Fancy schmancy duck breast salad - wilted greens with seared duck breast using some of its fat to create a red wine vinaigrette to which toasted pine nuts that have been crushed to the vinaigrette; rounds of goat cheese coated in dry crumbs and quickly seared. Not only that but plum chutney to go with all. Incredible.

love2travel Mentor

Today I am making myself Duck a la King with the rest of the roast duck leftovers. Yum! :)

love2travel Mentor

Rice flour gnocchi with picante tomato sauce from my fresh tomatoes.

love2travel Mentor

Tuna Salad on Toast (the salad had capers, lemon juice, celery...)

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Eggs Benedict - love this stuff.

What do you put eggs benedict on top of? Veggie hash, or a purchased or homemade english muffin?

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm about to dig into a big salad.

love2travel Mentor

What do you put eggs benedict on top of? Veggie hash, or a purchased or homemade english muffin?

It varies. Yesterday was a toasted purchased bagel (homemade are so much better!). So, it was the toasted bagel topped with tomato from my garden, ham, poached egg and hollandaise. One of my favourite lunches. I had the one purchased bagel languishing in the freezer (though bagels make far better croutons than purchased bread).

love2travel Mentor

Black Pepper Shrimp with Black Bean Ginger Sauce

Wide Mung Bean Noodles (slippery suckers!)

Fresh blackberries

Persei V. Enthusiast

Brown rice, beans, lettuce and some awesome grilled fish spiced with my favorite condiment in the entire world, nutmeg.

jerseyangel Proficient

Popcorn popped on the stove with a touch of sea salt and a Pepsi Throwback :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Stuffed shells with the Tinkyada jumbo shells that my husband found at the store :)

SmileyKylie Rookie

I tried out the Rootbeer Pulled Pork recipe I found on this topic - it was great! Threw a pork shoulder into a crockpot at 9 p.m. with a can of rootbeer and when I woke up it was ready to go. I shredded it and put on some Gluten Free BBQ sauce, dill pickels, and packed 2 pieces of Rudi's white bread. This is my new go to when I don't have time to cook. Also threw a Pea Steamer into the microwave for a side dish.

love2travel Mentor

Big Salad with my garden greens, spinach, toasted almonds, toasted pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, red onion, mushrooms, cucumber and a Dijon white balsamic vinaigrette.

Takala Enthusiast

(Salvaged) Bread crusts with cream cheese and chocolate nut spread, followed by a salad, so the calories sort of cancel out. I've gone about 3 weeks now having a vegetable smoothie for breakfast, and this was in protest that I am not really a rabbit. I would have had the bread for breakfast, but it wouldn't finish cooking!

• 1 month later...

Meatloaf...... :D

Archived