Celtic Queen

White Scaly Bumps

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for about 5 months now. In the past week or so I've developed white, scaly bumps on my forehead, right above my nose. They don't itch at all. They just feel very scaly and dry.

I don't think it's DH, since I've read that DH itches horribly. And I've never had any skin condition like this before to compare it to. Do you think it could be Eczema or Psoriasas? If so, is that something I would need to go to a dermatologist to get treated or could I use something over the counter?

If it is psoriasis, and it may well be, you may find that the diet will take care of it. It usually starts out as a red patch, then forms silvery scales over the top which slough off as it heals. Early psoriasis for me did not itch. It is usually treated with a cortisone cream like Daivonex (Rx). Since you are early in your diet and it is just cosmetic at the moment, give it a little wile and see what happens.

Thanks for the help. I'll just wait and see. It seems to be getting better over the past few days. I had just never experienced that before and knew someone here on the board could help me find an answer. :)

I used to (and I'm sure it will happen again) get freaky little rashes on my face when my seasonal allergies got bad or during cold, dry weather.

Just be kind and moisturize and if something topical aggravates it, keep it off.

The only consistency I've found to helping clear rashes up, regardless of type is moisturizing...

Don't use a steroid unless it is meant for the face, since most topicals are too strong and can damage the skin.

pricklypear - My allergies are going haywire right now, so that makes sense. Thanks for the info.