Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mordikar

Am I Being Shoehorned / Misdiagnosed?

Oh sorry- I didn't read all the thread! So what does hida mean??

A hida(Heptato Iminodiacetic Acid) scan or cholescintigraphy is a nuclear medicine imaging procedure that evaluates the health and function of the gallbladder and tracks the flow of bile from the liver to the small intestine.

OP, it's not that uncommon for people with celiac/gluten intolerence to have problems with their gallbladders and liver.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Join eNewsletter

A hida(Heptato Iminodiacetic Acid) scan or cholescintigraphy is a nuclear medicine imaging procedure that evaluates the health and function of the gallbladder and tracks the flow of bile from the liver to the small intestine.

OP, it's not that uncommon for people with celiac/gluten intolerence to have problems with their gallbladders and liver.

true, true Roda. No gall bladder here. Liver enzymes off and liver swelling pre- DX--but back to normal now.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Join eNewsletter

Oh i'm not screaming to get off the diet. I'm sticking to it for at least 3 months regardless of the celiac panel results. It's actually not a bad diet for me any how. I ate WAY too much pasta and breads before. Now I'm still eating gluten free alternatives but i eat them far less often and i eat a LOT more veggies and fruits than I used to which is defiantly good for me.

I'm eating fairly normal now, (still kinda small) but I'm not gaining all the weight back because it's not all starches and carbs like i used to eat.

I am finding some nice alternatives. BTW anyone in DFW Texas area, Aleda's Pizza in Southlake make really nice gluten-free pizza.

@Kareng - I haven't had an actual sit down with the gastro since they took the celiac panel and did the sonograms. Just phone calls from office assistants. I will not be leaving the office, when i do have one, without copies of everything. (I am an annoying and assertive patient)

Join eNewsletter

@Kareng - I haven't had an actual sit down with the gastro since they took the celiac panel and did the sonograms. Just phone calls from office assistants. I will not be leaving the office, when i do have one, without copies of everything. (I am an annoying and assertive patient)

Good for you! They will probably give you what you want just to get you out of there! ;)

Join eNewsletter

I was just reading your posts, and saw that you were to have testing done in January. I was curious how that turned out for you. My daughter has been in pain for years and we are finally going to see a ped. gastro the end of the month, for the first time. We had already this week started her on the way to gluten free stuff.. but now I'm worried about testing coming back as a false negative. I don't even know what to expect on this upcoming visit really, since it will be our first time there. I just hope they are a good office, because it took me a couple weeks of looking to find a ped. gastro office, and they are at least 50 miles away. :(

Join eNewsletter

HIDA scan shows my gallbladder operates at 100% efficiency... I could have sworn this was gallbladder.

Celiac panel came back negative. my result was IgA <2 U/mL with 0-3 being negative, 4-10 being weak positive, and >10 being positive.

Due to a job loss testing is on hold till i have insurance again.... but as long as I eat mild things tend to stay pretty calm these days and it is less of a pain and more of a mild pressure / annoyance.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter