daisymae106

Costco's Kirkland Signature Unsalted Or Salted Butter

Rate this topic

Hey Everyone!!

I have seen a few people post lists of what they have found gluten free at Costco. Their unsalted butter is such a great deal, but it says on the ingredient list "natural flavorings". It only lists milk as an allergen, but it said that people with food allergies should look closely at the ingredient label. Anyway, I know most butters are ok, but I have read where some are definitely not ok. Does anyone know about this brand? Thanks for your help. I have been feeling so much better now on my 5th month of GLUTEN FREE FOR LIFE (diagnosed with Celiac in late July 2011).

Never heard of plain butter with gluten in it. If it has wheat, it would have to list it.

I moved this because it's about a product.

Thanks for the fast reply!!!! I so appreciate your input. I think the natural flavoring thing always throws me off!!!! Ugh!! Thanks again. I feel better especially after I just bought a huge pack of it. haha! Merry Christmas!

Why on earth would flavor be added to butter? Gluten-free or not, I would personally not choose that product.

Here are the ingredients from the butter we use: Cream, Salt, May Contain Colour.

• Upvote 2

Why on earth would flavor be added to butter? Gluten-free or not, I would personally not choose that product.

Here are the ingredients from the butter we use: Cream, Salt, May Contain Colour.

Thanks Peter, this is what concerned me. Other butters I have purchased have been all natural, just pure butter. Anyway, thanks for your input!

I just looked at my butter, Land O Lakes. The regular is " sweet cream, salt"

The unsalted is "sweet cream, natural flavoring.". To make up for the lack of salt? Nuts!

I just looked at my butter, Land O Lakes. The regular is " sweet cream, salt"

The unsalted is "sweet cream, natural flavoring.". To make up for the lack of salt? Nuts!

That is nuts! LOL I know for a fact that Land O Lakes is safe (at least that's what I read).

That is nuts! LOL I know for a fact that Land O Lakes is safe (at least that's what I read).

I know it's Ok. I just don't get why it needs flavor added. I know it will be different without salt. Usually, unsalted is in a dish not eaten by itself

My costco has 4 different Kirkland butters and another brand too - maybe the organic version doesn't have any additives. I agree with the others why would you need anything but cream and salt...

I'm researching glutamates and ran across this article about Natural Flavorings in Butter. (Not specific to this brand or any brand.) It says:

The natural flavoring that is used as an ingredient in

I'm researching glutamates and ran across this article about Natural Flavorings in Butter. (Not specific to this brand or any brand.) It says:

There's more in the article, and I remembered this thread when I found it, so I thought I'd share.

Well...that's comforting to know. Thank you for thinking of us butter eaters. :)