Rate this topic

I was glutened a few weeks ago. Now I have a bad yeast infection. Is Monistat safe for us to use? (I know i'm not eating it but I am super sensitive)

Thx!

Yes it is safe for for the 7 day cure. Slow and steady can win the battle without having really bad cramping. B)

Yes it is safe for for the 7 day cure. Slow and steady can win the battle without having really bad cramping. B)

Thanks. I bought the 3 day cure. I guess i'll give it a go.

I know you want relief as fast as possible. :D

I have had terrible yeast infections in the past and personally, Monistat was not strong enough...they would come back. I use Clotrimazole (also Gyne Lotrinum sp?), also Terazol which is prescribed but VERY strong stuff. i've also taken Diflucan (ineffective) and Nystatin (somewhat effective). Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I use to have a yeast infection every single month after my period. It was horrible. That went away totally when I went gluten free. I got one this time after 2 years because I was glutened pretty badly from CC at a restaurant. It was the first time that I had eaten out in 18 months. Never again! Not worth it!

On another note, men are sooooo lucky that they dont have to deal with this stuff! The monistat helped tons but boy is it uncomfortable and gross! 2 more days of it....ugh :(:huh::ph34r:

Thanks. I use to have a yeast infection every single month after my period. It was horrible. That went away totally when I went gluten free. I got one this time after 2 years because I was glutened pretty badly from CC at a restaurant. It was the first time that I had eaten out in 18 months. Never again! Not worth it!

On another note, men are sooooo lucky that they dont have to deal with this stuff! The monistat helped tons but boy is it uncomfortable and gross! 2 more days of it....ugh :(:huh::ph34r:

Men get yeast infections too. Actually, they can give them back TO you.

They don't usually have obvious symptoms like women with vaginal yeast infections.