ScarlettsMommy

Closest Thing To Greasy Fast Food =0)

Rate this topic

Wanted to share that Ricos (found at walmart) nacho cheese cups and Delimix beef tacquitos (corn) are gluten free...I am dipping my tacquitos in the nacho cheese and its like heaven. Greasy and cheesy and beefy its the closet thing to fast food that I was soo used to. Awesome!! Anything else anyone wants to share?

Wanted to share that Ricos (found at walmart) nacho cheese cups and Delimix beef tacquitos (corn) are gluten free...I am dipping my tacquitos in the nacho cheese and its like heaven. Greasy and cheesy and beefy its the closet thing to fast food that I was soo used to. Awesome!! Anything else anyone wants to share?

:D

My hands are over my eyes! La! La! La! I can't see or hear you! :o

I try to pretend these types of foods are not gluten-free so I don't eat them! If I don't look at the ingredients, I can assume they are not gluten-free. Otherwise, I would be scarfing them down! :)

I use to eat those when I was early out and never got sick, in fact I lived on them for awhile, while I figured out what I could eat. I actually forgot about them. I may have to get some of those again! YUM. Thanks for the reminder! :P

Wow... thanks a pantload for this post. I'd forgotten all about those and they were all I could think about after reading this thread. I bought some today and just finished them for supper. They were delish! I'm doomed.

LoL i still have some in my freezer im bout to finish up now. But your welcome =0)

A really yummy and safe snack is the My-Del arrowroot animal crackers and the pre-made jello cheesecake filling that you can buy in the tub. Almost as good as cheesecake. And you can throw in some strawberry jam to kick it up a notch. Also, the My-del ginger snaps are a great substitute for graham crackers when making a cheesecake. Oh, and the Bob Evans and Country Crock pre-made, pre-packaged mashed potatoes, au gratin potatoes, broccoli and rice and baked apples are all gluten free, as well as some of their bar-b-qued meat, so if you are traveling to someone else's house for dinner you can take your own stuff. Also good to know for when you are traveling and can't find a restaurant with gluten-free food. Another favorite nibble is the gluten-free chocolate chex. And if you really want to trash a diet, Wolf brand chili heated and poured over cooked, sliced hotdogs and fritoes with lots of cheese will do the job for you. I have to laugh because many people assume that because I am celiac and cannot have gluten that I eat healthy. It did not take very long after discovering the safe things for me to eat before I found the really good, bad for you things that I could eat as well. B)

sounds good!!!! specially the hot dog and frito thing. Yea everyone says "well the bright side is youll be healthier." Im like nooo u dont get it!! Just bc I cant have gluten doesnt mean I wont still eat bad things! lol

Too funny about the Cheesecake recipe, I do the exact same thing.

It's actually the Kraft Philly Cheesecake filling.

I crush up cookies, butter and jam for the crust (bake at 350 for 10 minutes to make it firm).

Then, add the filling and Voila! you have gluten-free cheesecake.

I usually use Pamela's cookies in multiple combo's.

Just today, I bought Lemon Shortbread and I'll mix in some of their chocoloate too. I've used the Ginger too. There is no reason to have a recipe, use what you like.

Happy Holidays!