ScarlettsMommy

Can I Still Do Hair?

Rate this topic

Ive been posting alot, since I was just diagnosed this week. I have heard to be careful with shampoos, conditioners, hair color and products in general. Im a hairdresser for a living!! Is it ok? We use tons of different products at the salons and I dont want to give up my occupation for this! I am already giving up all my favorite foods. Please tell me this is ok!

My hair salon uses Neuma products:

http://www.neumabeauty.com/

Everything is vegan and gluten free.

I was so excited last time I went - I had brought my own shampoo and we didn't even need to use it because they switched their entire line to Neuma.

You just may need to find/work in a salon where you use gluten free products, or have some degree of control over which products you use; but there's no reason to give up your profession!

Almost all salons here are Regis owned so we use Designline products mostly

Check the labels on hair products and wash your hands thoroughly after you handle anything that contains wheat protein, wheat germ oil, or anything else from wheat or oats. (Oats are often contaminated with wheat in the fields.) That might be enough for you.

If you don't get well from the gluten-free diet, that's the point at which you have to start examining things like gluten on your skin.

I would think breathing in hair spray could also be an issue.

Paul Mitchell is great about sending a list of their gluten free products. Their only source for gluten is wheat. Their hair color is gluten free. My stylist switched me to it when I found I needed to be gluten free as I was having a severe reaction to gluten in shampoo, conditioner and color as well as styling products.