Lilychic

Food Processor

Rate this topic

I have a nice Cuisineart food processor that I used before going gluten free. Do I really need to replace it?

Thanks

Do you feel you could get it clean? The bowls are pretty simply made, without alot of hiding places. Maybe you could get a replacement bowl? I find, from my glutenous days, that white vinegar disolve the flour pretty well. I have a mini one, but I never put bread in it that I remember.

I didn't replace my food processors. I just scrubbed everything and ran it through the dishwasher. I didn't put bread in mine though. I use them mostly for chopping/shredding veggies and pureeing soups. Rubbing alcohol should dissolve gluten if you're concerned.

The only things I replaced were cutting boards, my colander because it was so hard to scrub every single hole that could have a bit of pasta trapped, and my old wok that had soy sauce in the seasoning. (I gave that to a student friend.)

I was the pie dough queen and used my food processor for mainly this purpose. I will try the rubbing alcohol and see what happens as I don't currently have the funds to replace it.