ScarlettsMommy

Need Help! Gluten Withdraw? Is That Whats Going On?

Rate this topic

This is I think day 4 of my gluten-free diet and last night before going to bed and this morning I feel jittery and also kind of shortness of breath. Just doesnt feel right like something is sitting on my chest. Should I be concerned? I made an appt tonight with my dr but they cant see me until 7:20. All the dr's are busy so this is going to be with a physicians assistant. I doubt he will be that knowledgeable about Celiac anyway. Gluten withdraw or something else??

You might be iron deficient. Do you have severe fatigue? Sleeping a lot? Ask for hemoglobin, hematocrit, and a full iron panel, plus CBC. Post your numbers and let us know!

would the iron deficiancy be caused from not eating gluten? Ive never felt like this before until now

It usually adds up over time. In my iron deficiency, it wasn't unmasked until I went gluten free and I felt better but not well, after my gluten detox. My anxiety was through the roof my first week, which wore off. But my iron deficiency showed up two or three months later when i was still sleeping like I was in a coma, 10-12 hrs per day.