GFreeMO

Make-Up (Yes Again)

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Cover Girl Clean Make-up foundation is safe. I am also trying to find into on Maybelline Shine Free Powder. I am thinking that one of these is CC'ed b/c I keep getting glutened symptoms on Mondays and the only time I wear both of these items is on Sat. and Sun.

Does anyone know of any drug store make-up that is for sure gluten free. The companies seem so vague with their answers when I email them. I can't get any answers out or Cover Girl or Maybelline. Cover Girl told me that this one powder was gluten free but when I went to buy some, it had oat flour. :o

I'm about ready to start going for the natural look!

Hi gluten-free,

I have to wear make up because of my job. I finally gave up and called Merle Norman, asked to speak to the owner, and told her I wanted to come in for a makeover, but only with gluten-free products. (I called them because I saw that they were a sponsor at a Celiac convention. I mentioned that she didn't need to call be back the same day, take her time.

She called me back the same day and said she had a list of which products I couldn't use.

The makeover took about 40 minutes. I spent some money that I didn't want to spend, but the foundation is fabulous. They're Lasting Foundation works for me, I'm totally happy with it and a little bit goes a long way. My sister (not gluten-free) saw me after my makeover and went there too.

I haven't gotten sick from it, and have used it for a month. I'm fortunate that I live in a town with a Merle Norman Studio, but I'd be willing to drive an hour to got to one now that I know about it.

I feel more confident about my appearance and health, so it's worth every penny I spent, especially since I wasted money on so many products that were gluten-free but didn't work for me, or had problems with drugstore products.

I hope this helps. The foundation cost over $20, but I think it will last at least six months. I love their lipstick too!

Hi gluten-free,

I have to wear make up because of my job. I finally gave up and called Merle Norman, asked to speak to the owner, and told her I wanted to come in for a makeover, but only with gluten-free products. (I called them because I saw that they were a sponsor at a Celiac convention. I mentioned that she didn't need to call be back the same day, take her time.

She called me back the same day and said she had a list of which products I couldn't use.

The makeover took about 40 minutes. I spent some money that I didn't want to spend, but the foundation is fabulous. They're Lasting Foundation works for me, I'm totally happy with it and a little bit goes a long way. My sister (not gluten-free) saw me after my makeover and went there too.

I haven't gotten sick from it, and have used it for a month. I'm fortunate that I live in a town with a Merle Norman Studio, but I'd be willing to drive an hour to got to one now that I know about it.

I feel more confident about my appearance and health, so it's worth every penny I spent, especially since I wasted money on so many products that were gluten-free but didn't work for me, or had problems with drugstore products.

I hope this helps. The foundation cost over $20, but I think it will last at least six months. I love their lipstick too!

Thank you! I am going to check into it. :)