Rate this topic

Hi all,

I have not been diagnosed with celiac disease, nor have my newborn and 2 year old. I have been having symptoms of gluten sensitivity though. My question is since babies are not suppose to have gluten until 4-6 months, is it still ok to eat things with gluten in them if you are breastfeeding? I have found that you are not suppose to start gluten in solid form until the 6 month mark but it didn't say anything about it being in breast milk. Thanks so much!

Gluten is in breastmilk. So are a mother's antibodies.

I'm not a doctor but I do believe to breastfeed is the best you can do. Try going gluten free to not pass gluten or antibodies to gluten to your baby.

If you are getting tested for Celiac you have to consume gluten for testing to be accurate. So just know you could be shutting the door on your own diagnoses.

Thanks so much! Just got told we have to go dairy free.... If that doesnt work then Im going to try gluten free again to see if that makes a difference. I had the worst throbbing headache and brain fogginess i guess you would call it going off of it two days(gluten). As soon as i ate pasta my headache was gone and i felt and thought more clearly. Weird?