sora

gluten-free Potstickers

Rate this topic

I saw in another thread that some people were missing pot stickers. I came across this recipe last week. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good. Hope it's ok to post this link?

http://jenskitchen.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/daring-cooks-chinese-dumplingspotstickers-aka-gyoza-in-japanese/

Many, many years ago a Chinese friend taught me to make dumplings and pot stickers. She used pure fine white rice flour (bought in our china town) with water to make the dough. They were great.

Charlotte

If you don't want to hassel you can use dry, rice wrappers. I use 3-4 for one, they tear easily. Dip them in water, fill and twist, let dry and boil in water for just a minute or so. You can use rice wrappers for oh so many things!

If you don't want to hassel you can use dry, rice wrappers. I use 3-4 for one, they tear easily. Dip them in water, fill and twist, let dry and boil in water for just a minute or so. You can use rice wrappers for oh so many things!

I never thought of that. I just happen to have some so may just try that this evening. Thanks,

Charlotte

what do you fill them with? I miss potstickers as well...and the dipping sauce for them =0(

I love making homemade pot stickers but the rice paper wraps are great, too. I fill them with:

- grilled shrimp or chicken that has been marinated first

- pork with spicy mango sauce in potstickers

- roasted garlic

- maybe some dark miso

- pickled ginger for a bit of hot acidic crunch

- leftover roast duck, shredded

- julienned carrots, scallions

- vermicelli noodles

- crushed toasted peanuts

- finely minced lemongrass

- Thai chiles

- fresh mint leaves or Thai basil

- black sesame seeds - love the crunch and they look so pretty!

And drizzle with umpteen sauces that are incredibly easy to make. Just google and you'll see hundreds. :) My favourites include fish sauce, shrimp paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil...

I love making homemade pot stickers but the rice paper wraps are great, too. I fill them with:

- grilled shrimp or chicken that has been marinated first

- pork with spicy mango sauce in potstickers

- roasted garlic

- maybe some dark miso

- pickled ginger for a bit of hot acidic crunch

- leftover roast duck, shredded

- julienned carrots, scallions

- vermicelli noodles

- crushed toasted peanuts

- finely minced lemongrass

- Thai chiles

- fresh mint leaves or Thai basil

- black sesame seeds - love the crunch and they look so pretty!

And drizzle with umpteen sauces that are incredibly easy to make. Just google and you'll see hundreds. :) My favourites include fish sauce, shrimp paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil...

Yummy!

I like them with ground lean pork and lots of chopped chives with a bit of salt or soy sauce.

Charlotte

If anyone has the book, "The Gluten-Free Asian Kitchen" be sure to try the scratch pot stickers. Heavenly!

Oh, these make me want rice back! I love pot stickers!

Will you get rice back on your GAPS diet? I hope so! This recipe is fiddly and time consuming yet not hard. Soooooooo worth it. The starches are tapioca flour, millet flour and sweet rice flour. Millet flour is one of my very favourites.