Rate this topic

I was diagnosed 1.5 weeks ago, and have since totally cut gluten from my diet. Since then, I have noticed a bit of dulness in my left leg a few times last week. 2 days ago it got worse, and I felt a little tingling in my leg. I am trying to get a hold of my doctor now, but I was wondering if this will go away? Is there anything I can do to make it better?

The best thing I know of for tingling, numbness, etc, is magnesium. Although, many other nutrient deficiencies can also be involved, such as B vitamins (including B12), vitamin D, zinc, and others I'm not recalling ATM.

Interesting. I just read this:

In March 2011 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) notified healthcare professionals and the public that prescription proton pump inhibitor drugs may cause low serum magnesium levels (hypomagnesemia) if taken for prolonged periods of time (in most cases, longer than one year).

I have been on Pantaloc for over a year because of bad acid reflux. I'm actually hoping that goes away from going gluten free.

Well, I've got a doctors appointment for Wednesday, hopefully I can get this figured out. I stopped taking Pantaloc. Other than magnesium, and Vitamin B, D and Zinc, I read elsewhere that iron deficiency can also be responsible for this. Is there anything else I should have checked?