ScarlettsMommy

I Need To Share! Best Pizza Ever!

Rate this topic

Ive only been gluten-free for a week (as of tomorrow) cuz of this celiac thing and I need to say Ive read so much about what breads adn crusts were good and bad...Well I bought Against the Grain pizza crust i think it was 14 inch i forget but its a normal size frozen pizza. I then bought Don Pepino pizza sauce (which is clearly marked gluten free on the back) and used an italian cheese mix and put on my pepperonis...but needless to say, my whole non gluten-free family ate it and loved it as well. The crust was amazing I can not find fault with it..and I need to mention the Don Pepino sauce. If youve ever went to a carnvial and gotten a slice of pizza..well just imagaine thats the sauce they use!! It was so good. I needed to share with you all b/c for now on that is the crust and sauce I will be using!!!! :P

Yes, I agree! Against the Grain Gourmet has the best gluten-free products on the market! I also love their baguettes. So far, though, I can't find their dinner rolls or crescent sandwich bread. I live in California, and we were pretty much the last ones to get this brand into a few of our stores.

the only bad thing is it was $8 just for the crust. . . But when your craving pizza..its worth it!

I'm happy that you've found yourself a great pizza. When you first go gluten free, you think that you will have to give up all your favorite things. You just need to go out and experiment and you will have new favorites in no time.

I like it too. Glad you were able to find that brand right away after going gluten-free!

I heard alot of good things too about kinnickkinnick are they better or the same or worse i wonder?

I heard alot of good things too about kinnickkinnick are they better or the same or worse i wonder?

The first one I tried was Kinnickinnik and they were the second most disgusting gluten-free bread product I have ever tried. The flavour is offputting and the texture just plain yucky. There are still a few frozen in my freezer but I just cannot bring myself to have any more. However, I am spoiled as I make my own pizza crust that is very good. And I cannot compare them to what you had because I have not ever seen those before.

Glad you found something you really like! :)

The Kinnikinnick crusts were a bit blah . . . couldn't seem to get them crispy.

Just a tidbit . . . if you like crispy crust, use a pizza pan that has the holes throughout. It makes a huge difference.

The Kinnikinnick crusts were a bit blah . . . couldn't seem to get them crispy.

Just a tidbit . . . if you like crispy crust, use a pizza pan that has the holes throughout. It makes a huge difference.

Exactly - direct grill. Pizza stones do help if you are unable to grill, too.