sleer

Cross Contamination

Rate this topic

If you get glutened from cross contamination or a small/slight ingestion of gluten are your symtpoms less severe and/or do do you notice that you are not affected for as long a period of time?

If you get glutened from cross contamination or a small/slight ingestion of gluten are your symtpoms less severe and/or do do you notice that you are not affected for as long a period of time?

I just got dosed by CC last night, and am off work today. Nausea, massive headache, D last night though thank God not today. Sore, joint pain. Fun times had by all.

I was CCed last week and it took me almost 9 days to totally rebound. :blink:

I get the whole fun package of symptoms: gastro (nausea, burning, abdominal pain, C then D ) :unsure: neurological (anxiety,insomnia, depressive thoughts, agitation, "gluten-head" :huh: ) extra super-duper ramped up bone/joint/muscle pain and BURNING nerve pain :o ---oh, and an intense desire to kill the person who assured me the flourless chocolate cake was gluten-free. <_<

But, that's just my system. I was long unDXed and I'm still healing my gut.

Others rebound much quicker!

I don't know, because I haven't been glutened by anything BUT cross contamination for the 15 months or so I've been on the diet. It's pretty bad, though, and usually involves a couple of days of migraine, along with depression & irritability - and sometimes D and/or C. Personally, I feel like I'm more sensitive to trace gluten than I was before the diet. I really don't want to know what a large dose of gluten would do!

Does anyone have any tricks for getting past the symptoms in less time?

Does anyone have any tricks for getting past the symptoms in less time?

I just drink lots of water to flush and hydrate, eat plainly, take extra probiotics and rest and ride it out. Some people take warm baths.

It passes.

Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet that I know of. Bummer, I know.

:(

• Upvote 1