GFreeMO

Canola Allergy ?

Rate this topic

Does anyone else have a gluten type reaction to canola oil? The last few times that I have had canola oil, I end up with severe D and bloating just like with gluten.

I woke up with stomach pain and sores on my lips. Sounds like an allergic reaction. Anyone else?

:blink:

I use it without any problem so obviously I'm not sensitive to it but it sounds like you need to avoid it.

gluten-free MO, you and I can be buddies.

I have recently relized that I react to the oil form of some things. :( I was told that is less common because the oils don't have the proteins but it is possible and I do now. I recently figured out that I react to sunflower. I was reacting to a dressing with the oil in it and Earthbalance which has the lecitin and Truvia which has stevia, which I found out is part of the sunflower family.

I also react to soy oil, mildly but do. I get peeling lips from chapstick that has it and funny scaley patches on my skin if I consume the oil in dressing etc.

I also get immediate D with some of my allergens. That's how I knew I had become allergic to califlower. It seemed to bother me, so I avoided it then tried it again and bam!

Thanks Missy'smom. I am going to have to stick with just olive oil because it's the only one that I do ok with. You and I share a lot of the same intolerances.