eborzecki

This Is Just Confusing (Iga, Ttg, Iga Deamidated)

Rate this topic

I just got written lab results and I am confused, I thought I had this all straighten out :(

Beginning of November

Gliadin antibody IGA 56 HIGH (cut off 18)

TTG antibody 111.6 Positive <20

I then went on a two week diet and doctor told me to repeat these tests in a different lab

End of November

Anti deamidated Gliadin Iga 258 HIGH (cut off 20)

TTG antibody 68 Positive <20

So I was all scared and really no explanation of why my TTG went down and my IGA went up, now I am more confused because I don't know what the difference is between these tests, and what does it mean when I have all three positive :(

Please help

I just got written lab results and I am confused, I thought I had this all straighten out :(

Beginning of November

Gliadin antibody IGA 56 HIGH (cut off 18)

TTG antibody 111.6 Positive <20

I then went on a two week diet and doctor told me to repeat these tests in a different lab

End of November

Anti deamidated Gliadin Iga 258 HIGH (cut off 20)

TTG antibody 68 Positive <20

So I was all scared and really no explanation of why my TTG went down and my IGA went up, now I am more confused because I don't know what the difference is between these tests, and what does it mean when I have all three positive :(

Please help

The deamidated Gliadin is a different test from the gliadin and is more sensitive than the gliadin IGA. With two weeks on the diet is isn't unusual for the TTG to be lower than before you went gluten free. What it means is you are celiac and you are doing the right thing by staying gluten free and you may want to retest in 6 months or so and make sure the levels are going down.

You had three different tests for celiac with all being positive. The deamidated gliadin and tTG are pretty specific for celiac. Just looking at the blood work alone you have celiac. Some doctors will diagnose just on that alone, but there are some who still want a scope/biopsy to confirm.

My youngest son has celiac and went gluten free last year with just positive blood work. I did have the scope/biopsy done on my oldest son because his bloodwork has always came back really negative, despite having symptoms of celiac/gluten intolerence. His scope was negative also, but he went gluten free afterwards anyway. It has been 3.5 months and he is doing well and I am seeing improvements.

What ravenwood said, plus the results are from two different dignostic labs so they may not be comparable.

All three positive means there is absolutely no doubt that you are celiac. Lower tTG score on a gluten free diet means that gluten free is what you need to be. The diet is working!! As the others have said, your IgA did not go up because the Deamidated Gliadin is a different test which has different ranges.

• Upvote 1