Lilychic

Using Pure Almond Flour As A Substitute ?

Rate this topic

Is there a rule on the proportions of almond flour to substitute for gluten flour. I am wanting to make gingerbread cookies and need some guidance. I was an expert baker with wheat and have not ventured forth into gluten free.

TIA

Is there a rule on the proportions of almond flour to substitute for gluten flour. I am wanting to make gingerbread cookies and need some guidance. I was an expert baker with wheat and have not ventured forth into gluten free.

TIA

I'm not sure about proportions, but Elana's Pantry has a recipe for gingerbread men on her blog so you may get some ideas from there. I have had some of her other cookies, with some substitutions like honey instead of agave and canola instead of grapeseed oil plus egg replacer when necessary, and they turned out well. We just made her gingersnaps and my husband said they were pretty good (I don't really do gingersnaps so I didn't try those.) Anyway good luck with your cookies.

There is no substitute rule but just know that almond flour is denser because it has more "fat" in it so you may want to cut back on butter /lard . I don't know how much though,sorry