Googles

Wonderful Friend

Rate this topic

I went over to my roommate's parent's house and then to her aunts house for Thanksgiving. I was talking about it yesterday with her after I had been given a gift of cookies at work that I passed on to her. She said that when we were going over to her aunt's house her aunt (who I had never met) had wanted to make me food. She tried to get through to her aunt that it was not a good idea. She gave up and told her dad (his sister) that he would have to get it through to her that I wouldn't be able to eat anything she made. He did a good job. It feels so wonderful to know that my friend and her dad stuck up for me to keep me safe. That they were looking out for my safety. And did it to the extent that I didn't even get asked why I brought my own food. I love my friend. :wub:

Nice, hold that friend very close!!!

I was hoping this thread was truly about a good friend! So often we have to put up with friends and family that just don't 'get it' and some that won't even try.

I too have a wonderful friend! She had a Christmas party last Saturday night and was very concerned that there wouldn't be enough gluten-free treats for me--there was, and she also made a lovely non-alcoholic punch!!

I'm glad we both have wonderful friends!

That is so very nice! sounds like a true friend!