kareng

Streusel Topping?

Rate this topic

I made this apple cake with tart Granny Smith apples and served it with cinnamon ice cream. We thought it would be great as a coffee cake. ( OK....I sampled it for breakfast with my coffee :unsure: ). For Christmas breakfast, I don't want to serve ice cream so I thought I could put a cinnamon streusel type topping and maybe a ribbon of it thru the cake. I know some of you have some ideas of how I could make some?

Thanks.

http://www.GlutenFreely.com/recipes/desserts/0e7a1e2b-ee7c-4db6-b61f-371b0fc5b7b1

thanks.

I was wondering about that. Do you think I could use Pamela's? I have so much of it.

You're welcome! I don't know Pamela's brand, not sure if that brand is available here in NL. The flour mix I use most is from Sch

Pamelas has the Xantham gum, etc mixed in. It will probably work.

I would think you don't need xanthan gum or other dough conditioner for a streusel topping, but it probably wouldn't hurt to use it if you have plenty of it. I have a recipe that has identical proportions to the one that was linked, except it also has 1/2 cup walnuts too.

thanks.

I was wondering about that. Do you think I could use Pamela's? I have so much of it.

I think I'd use the recipe that Ellie posted above and use Pamela's.

I just made a double batch of banana-nut bread using Pamela's for a couple of my neighbors. Since my disposable pans were only 8x4", I ended up with too much batter so made 6 muffins for moi. Yummy! I never tried that with the banana bread recipe before. No question that Pamela's mix is one of my very favorite products.

We used Ellie's recipe with Pamela's ( has the baking soda, etc). I have a bunch of Pamela's that's a little past the expiration date but is fine. It made enought that we put in half the cake batter (8x8 in pan), a layer of strudel & a layer on top. Hub put 2 teasp of cinnamon in the streusel ( I think it called for 1/2 teasp). It was delicious!