Sianita

Uk Foods

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone.

I am hoping you can help?

I emigrated from the UK to Canada and fell ill 9 months after arriving. It has taken nearly 4 years for Doctors to figure out that I have become highly allergic to Corn and Soy (and it's all derivatives of corn, not just the protein). I am unable to take on board gluten too.

My brother is flying over from the UK in a couple of days to visit and I was wondering if you can let me know of any good gluten, corn and soy free foods that I can ask him to bring over, as here, foods without these products are a nightmare to find!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Anita. :blink:

Sainsbury's do a Free From range, as do Tesco, Dunnes Stores and Asda, this range is gluten free and i think would be suitable for you.

DS white ciabatti rolls are really good. Stocked in most supermarkets 'free from' section.

Any health food shops like Holland & Barretts, Sainsbury, M&S will be able to advice there are also a few online places that sell, gluten free products.

Guest gfcfinfo

Hi Everyone.

I am hoping you can help?

I emigrated from the UK to Canada and fell ill 9 months after arriving. It has taken nearly 4 years for Doctors to figure out that I have become highly allergic to Corn and Soy (and it's all derivatives of corn, not just the protein). I am unable to take on board gluten too.

My brother is flying over from the UK in a couple of days to visit and I was wondering if you can let me know of any good gluten, corn and soy free foods that I can ask him to bring over, as here, foods without these products are a nightmare to find!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Anita. :blink:

Be careful with supermarket own brand free from foods from Sainsbury's, etc. They have cross contamination issues not listed on their labels.