Mr Happymoose

Orgran Gluten Free Gluten Replacer In Bread Makers

Rate this topic

Hi there,

Recently we worked out that my partner, while not celiac definitely has a bad gluten intolerance. We've been trying all sorts of different recipes for gluten free bread (I know, I know, the holy grail :D ) and to that end we got some Orgran GFG gluten replacer. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this in a bread machine as I just can't get it to work!! I've tried the (Admittedly scant) instructions on the box, and I've tried adjusting that to use less GFG which was something I'd read somewhere. All that happens is that we get a REALLY sticky dough that the paddle can't knead as it sticks top the side of the bowl and the paddle just scoops out a hollow underneath. Any advice would be very gratefully received, as would any advice on just what GFG is good for :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, gluten-free bread is the holy grail. I've wondered about this product, too, and am interested to know if anyone has had experience with it. I'm always searching for the *perfect* gluten-free bread recipe...and I've tried a number of them. I have a KitchenAid stand mixer, not a bread machine.

I have to say, after some trial and error it would appear to not really be good with breadmakers. All we've managed to achieve is a variety of different shape door stops :lol: We've actually had better results in the breadmaker without it!!

Who among us has not baked a few bricks! :lol: