Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finlayson

Does It Matter How Sensitive

I'm one of those celiacs who does not show any symptoms to being glutened. Personally I would rather have a reaction just so I know and can trace it back to a particular food or event. I feel I have to be extra careful (hence my choice not to eat in restaurants). I'm sure all of you people out there who have violent reactions may be envious of me not showing any reaction, but it can be extremely difficult at times to simply not know.

[/quote

No outward symptoms for me, either, so at times I wish I had some sort of quick and unpainful reaction so I would know! However, I do go to restaurants but they are always high-end places where I fully trust the trained chefs and servers. I always call in advance just to alert the staff. One of my favourite places is owned by a chef whose wife has celiac so he "gets it"! But we must drive three hours to a safe restaurant as there is no place in our town that is.

My bloods were completely negative, sometimes I wonder how that could even be possible with the severity of my symptoms - granted the intussusception started about 6 months after the neg bloods but still :blink: Not to mention all the other autoimmune crap I have going on. How on earth could I test negative? When a glutenous meal will put me in ER with a life threatening condition? I hate Celiac- its so bleeding confusing!