Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KotaKate88

I Feel Overwhelmed And It's Only Day 1

If you like mint carry around Junior Mints. They are gluten-free, dairy and egg free so that covers alot of allergy bases!

I was waiting on my husband while he was in the bathroom at the store. (YAY!!! it wasn't me in there) Anyway, I picked up a box of Junior Mints figuring I'd end up putting them down and just a little more depressed. I got so excited when I saw they were gluten free that I almost bought a dozen boxes.

It's only been a few days for me but one of my habits for as long as I can remember was having a bowl of cereal late at night near bedtime. I won't debate whether or not it's healthy to do and frankly I don't really care right now. My mother-in-law bought a box of the gluten free Rice Krispies for me and they're pretty good. (Bring your sugar/stevia/whatver bowl with you to the table, you may want it.) I also have a box of the Honey Nut Chex which are simply amazing.

It's only been half a week for me so far but I've found that something as simple as a bowl of cereal makes me feel like a normal person who can do normal things. I'm certainly no expert and I'm frankly a train wreck right now but it's just really little things that make me feel like there just may be a light at the end of this dismal tunnel. (Like giant 35 oz. barrels of Utz brand cheese balls.)

I was waiting on my husband while he was in the bathroom at the store. (YAY!!! it wasn't me in there) Anyway, I picked up a box of Junior Mints figuring I'd end up putting them down and just a little more depressed. I got so excited when I saw they were gluten free that I almost bought a dozen boxes.

It's only been a few days for me but one of my habits for as long as I can remember was having a bowl of cereal late at night near bedtime. I won't debate whether or not it's healthy to do and frankly I don't really care right now. My mother-in-law bought a box of the gluten free Rice Krispies for me and they're pretty good. (Bring your sugar/stevia/whatver bowl with you to the table, you may want it.) I also have a box of the Honey Nut Chex which are simply amazing.

It's only been half a week for me so far but I've found that something as simple as a bowl of cereal makes me feel like a normal person who can do normal things. I'm certainly no expert and I'm frankly a train wreck right now but it's just really little things that make me feel like there just may be a light at the end of this dismal tunnel. (Like giant 35 oz. barrels of Utz brand cheese balls.)

I'm glad it worked for you.

Yes, its the little things.

I just ate a BOX of Schar Cocoa Wafers because I COULD. Dangit, I was hungry, they were there (store), and they were almost good. So I ate them!!!

Ok, for a gluten-free wafer they were great. Much better than those Glutino things. Ugh! I ate ONE of those, threw the rest out.

domesticactivist - do you do the carrot juice yourself or purchase? The Culturelle seems to be helping. Thanks for the info!

YES!! glad to hear it :) !! probiotics are amazingly beneficial to our ravaged guts. Just stick with them.

I'll let DomAct answer about the carrot juice--but I am thinking she juices it herself.