Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KotaKate88

I Feel Overwhelmed And It's Only Day 1

If you like mint carry around Junior Mints. They are gluten-free, dairy and egg free so that covers alot of allergy bases!

I was waiting on my husband while he was in the bathroom at the store. (YAY!!! it wasn't me in there) Anyway, I picked up a box of Junior Mints figuring I'd end up putting them down and just a little more depressed. I got so excited when I saw they were gluten free that I almost bought a dozen boxes.

It's only been a few days for me but one of my habits for as long as I can remember was having a bowl of cereal late at night near bedtime. I won't debate whether or not it's healthy to do and frankly I don't really care right now. My mother-in-law bought a box of the gluten free Rice Krispies for me and they're pretty good. (Bring your sugar/stevia/whatver bowl with you to the table, you may want it.) I also have a box of the Honey Nut Chex which are simply amazing.

It's only been half a week for me so far but I've found that something as simple as a bowl of cereal makes me feel like a normal person who can do normal things. I'm certainly no expert and I'm frankly a train wreck right now but it's just really little things that make me feel like there just may be a light at the end of this dismal tunnel. (Like giant 35 oz. barrels of Utz brand cheese balls.)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

I was waiting on my husband while he was in the bathroom at the store. (YAY!!! it wasn't me in there) Anyway, I picked up a box of Junior Mints figuring I'd end up putting them down and just a little more depressed. I got so excited when I saw they were gluten free that I almost bought a dozen boxes.

It's only been a few days for me but one of my habits for as long as I can remember was having a bowl of cereal late at night near bedtime. I won't debate whether or not it's healthy to do and frankly I don't really care right now. My mother-in-law bought a box of the gluten free Rice Krispies for me and they're pretty good. (Bring your sugar/stevia/whatver bowl with you to the table, you may want it.) I also have a box of the Honey Nut Chex which are simply amazing.

It's only been half a week for me so far but I've found that something as simple as a bowl of cereal makes me feel like a normal person who can do normal things. I'm certainly no expert and I'm frankly a train wreck right now but it's just really little things that make me feel like there just may be a light at the end of this dismal tunnel. (Like giant 35 oz. barrels of Utz brand cheese balls.)

I'm glad it worked for you.

Yes, its the little things.

I just ate a BOX of Schar Cocoa Wafers because I COULD. Dangit, I was hungry, they were there (store), and they were almost good. So I ate them!!!

Ok, for a gluten-free wafer they were great. Much better than those Glutino things. Ugh! I ate ONE of those, threw the rest out.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

domesticactivist - do you do the carrot juice yourself or purchase? The Culturelle seems to be helping. Thanks for the info!

Negative blood panel

Biopsy "compatible" with celiac sprue

Gluten-free December 2011, with positive dietary response

1st degree relative also with positive dietary response

domesticactivist - do you do the carrot juice yourself or purchase? The Culturelle seems to be helping. Thanks for the info!

YES!! glad to hear it :) !! probiotics are amazingly beneficial to our ravaged guts. Just stick with them.

I'll let DomAct answer about the carrot juice--but I am thinking she juices it herself.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif