joey1011

Utz Cheesier Nacho Tortillas

Rate this topic

I just bought a package of these chips for the first time in a while. They used to say "This is a gluten free food" underneath the ingredients list, but don't say that any longer. The ingredients don't have any gluten containing items and the chips are still listed on the gluten free list on the Utz website. Does anyone know if Utz is removing the gluten free statement from all their chips, or is something up with just the Nacho Cheese chips?

They still have the "This is a gluten free food" on many of their products, however, I believe if the product is made on a shared line, while it has gluten free ingrediants...they took the statement off because of cross containmination complaints. So while it may still be gluten free and I personally would still eat it (because I've been inside the Utz plant and feel comfortable with the processes) a lot of people won't because of the potential cross contamination. I believe the nacho cheese are made on a shared line with their party mix, that contains small pretzels. They clean the line in between but there is still a chance!