zimmer

Family - Aarrrgghhh!

Rate this topic

So, once again, I attempted to communicate with my sister. She has symptoms, plus is related to me. :rolleyes: In my dreams, in this, the best of all possible worlds, she would take my words to heart and agree that a change in diet would help her health (which needs help) and then start down that road (into the sunset). She wouldn't even have to pay to go to a doctor or any of that stuff.

She says = "I have accepted everything you have told me and I also accept that I'm a member of the celiac club. But just because I recently discovered I have cloven hooves and a curly tail doesn't increase my desire to start rooting in the mud."

Whaddya do. I just said ok, I've been heard, thanks for listening, and what you choose to do with that knowledge is your choice. I just need to tell this story to those who will understand the frustration. thanks

My brother is totally the same way, I even had the stupid biopsy done to make sure I had it. My brother has worse stomach issues than I ever did and just feels that since he had one TTG test many years ago, there's no way he has it. Frustrates me.

So, once again, I attempted to communicate with my sister. She has symptoms, plus is related to me. :rolleyes: In my dreams, in this, the best of all possible worlds, she would take my words to heart and agree that a change in diet would help her health (which needs help) and then start down that road (into the sunset). She wouldn't even have to pay to go to a doctor or any of that stuff.

She says = "I have accepted everything you have told me and I also accept that I'm a member of the celiac club. But just because I recently discovered I have cloven hooves and a curly tail doesn't increase my desire to start rooting in the mud."

Whaddya do. I just said ok, I've been heard, thanks for listening, and what you choose to do with that knowledge is your choice. I just need to tell this story to those who will understand the frustration. thanks

I understand how you feel. It took my sister getting really really sick before she and my parents would listen to me. My mom knows she has problems with gluten, but takes a pill that "makes it all better" instead of change her diet. My brother has many classic symptoms of gluten and casein intolerance but said he refuses to get tested because he "doesn't want to feel obligated to change his diet".

And this is in a family where our grandfather has intestinal cancer, our uncle had colon cancer and had a colostomy bag in his 30's, and everyone has "IBS".

Changing your diet is so much better than living a half-life, tired, in pain, and depressed all the time. But people have to figure that out on their own and sadly, some see the "hassle" of going gluten free not worth the benefits. If they tried it, I think they would change their minds.

My mother did the same thing. Over the holidays she told me she knew she was "patient zero" and that my children and I got celiac disease from her. But she hasn't changed a damn thing. Makes me crazy, but what more can I do? :rolleyes: