kaity

Any One Tried Custom Probiotics

Rate this topic

has anyone gave their celiac child custom probiotics?? did it help your child?? my three year old son has lactose intollerance and is celiac do you think it will help him?

has anyone gave their celiac child custom probiotics?? did it help your child?? my three year old son has lactose intollerance and is celiac do you think it will help him?

In answer to the question in your title ... Yes, I've taken Custom Probiotics for almost 2 years. I originally took them after having my 7th and 8th gastrointestinal infections (H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis) in a 4 year period. Everytime I had to take antibiotics to cope with intestinal infections, I knocked out my good bacteria. So I needed to get some really high dose probiotics into my gut quickly. Custom Probiotics' Adult CP-1 formula did the trick for me. For 6 months I took 100 billion IU (2 capsules) daily. My next stool test showed normal amounts of good bacteria in my gut. I haven't any more gut infections since I started taking Custom Probiotics. (I still take one 50 billion capsule daily.)

Sorry, I don't have any kids (thanks to undiagnosed celiac disease and Hashimoto's when I was younger). So I can't recommend a specific Custom Probiotics formula for kids. However, I do know the person who answers the phone at CP is very helpful and can recommend a probiotic formula suitable for your child.

Same here--I used them for a few months post- DX. I had no good bacteria in my gut apparently--found that out through testing--and these Custom Probiotics did the trick. Because they are powdered, you can start at a small dose and work your way up. I hit them heavy myself to get my gut flora balanced. I thought they were great! I had severe GI burning from mouth to rectum and I could not keep any food in at all. They calmed everything right down.

I cannot say personally how they work for children (as I could not have any either--thank you, Celiac :angry: ) but I know they are a good product.

The man who owns the company spoke to me at great length and was very helpful.

They will not harm your child and they have a formula made just for kids and they are lactose free --as I recall.

Give them a call! :)