carolynmay

Ener-G - How Do Super Sensitives Find It?

Rate this topic

Dear all,

Apologies as I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I'm new to using this board.

How do super sensitives find Ener-G products, such as the yeast free rice bread?

I don't tend to have gastro issues after eating them but I have a feeling the bread may be giving me slight joint pains in my elbows.

Just wondered how other people find their products?

And also whether if people have problems with them, are you entirely grain sensitive? ie can't tolerate rice either?

Thanks so much, Carolyn

Dear all,

Apologies as I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I'm new to using this board.

How do super sensitives find Ener-G products, such as the yeast free rice bread?

I don't tend to have gastro issues after eating them but I have a feeling the bread may be giving me slight joint pains in my elbows.

Just wondered how other people find their products?

And also whether if people have problems with them, are you entirely grain sensitive? ie can't tolerate rice either?

Thanks so much, Carolyn

I'm one of those 'super sensitive' celiacs. One bite will give me severe gut pain and bloating for about 3 weeks. I have eaten Ener-G products since I was first dx'd in 2004. My favorites are the Seattle Brown bread, hamburger buns and crackers. I also like the flax English muffins. They used to make a Harvest loaf bread, which I loved, but they discontinued that. I also use their rice bran and some flour mixes in baking. I have NEVER had a reaction to Ener-G products. They are super careful about avoiding gluten and common IgG/IgA allergens.

Do you have a diagnosed yeast allergy? If not, why do you avoid yeast? I tried the anticandida diet once and ate the yeast free rice bread. That was worse (taste and texture) than Ener-G's regular rice breads. Their rice and tapioca breads (which are commonly available in grocery stores) have given Ener-G a bad rep. I won't eat any of their breads except Seattle Brown, which is the closest to regular stone grown whole wheat (that I remember). Nevertheless, Ener-G products are very safe. I just wish they would substitute another sweetener for cane sugar in their cookies and other pastries. I have to bake my own, because I have a dx'd cane sugar allergy.

My husband who has gluten intolerance and several (8) other dx'd IgG mediated (delayed reaction) allergies ate almost all the Ener-g breads for awhile, when he was trying to decide his favorite. He also never reacted (with his typical joint pain or migraines) after eating Ener-G breads.

We have never had a bad reaction from an ener-g product. They are one of the best companies for dealing with multiple food allergy products too. IMO B)

We eat the the bad reputation products too! When there is multiple food allergens you go with what you can trust and learn to work with it. Toast or grill that bread yum!

Ener G is my main stay for flours. For me though,I had to find brands that didn't have any gluten free oat cross contamination. There isn't any oat cc and I don't react to their products from a gluten cc standpoint either.

Ener G is my main stay for flours. For me though,I had to find brands that didn't have any gluten free oat cross contamination. There isn't any oat cc and I don't react to their products from a gluten cc standpoint either.

Thank you all very much! That is tremendously encouraging and I will feel quite happy trying some of these products now.

Best wishes to all, Carolyn

Never had a problem with them and I use a lot of their flours and starches.

Never had a problem with them and I use a lot of their flours and starches.

I'm having a real problem finding foods that I'm good with and I've always noticed that I've "felt" better when my diet is heavy in ENER-G breads. Everytime I stray and start adding other foods, especially other processed foods I get hit.

Amy's, has always gotten me, and just recently I got glutened by a can of Van Camp's baked beans.

Now that you guys mention it, I've never had a reaction to this stuff. It's the only processed food in which I can say that safely.